I got the Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr. Q Groovee...

I returned mine too. I think the 'long' strap is too short to be comfortable on the shoulder (it hit in a weird place on my body) and while the leather IS super thick and lovely, it had to go back.

Wow, grooove looks much bigger in real life than I thought it would. It is a gorgeous bag and $400 was a good deal.. that said, even a good price isn't worth it if you don't love the bag. There will be others out there..

Oh, just got mine today and share the same feeling... I was very much looking forward to buying it and now that I got it, I'm a bit disappointed... I'm a HUGE fan of big bags and this one feels too small... :sad: I'm specially disappointed with the strap that is way too short... The problem is that I live in Norway and it'd probably cost me a small fortune to send it back (bought it at Shopbop.com). Didn't know about this site before the purchase (stupid me), so my only reference was the pics. Now I wanna buy the Huge Hillier Hobo in fucshia and the delancey tote, but not the colorful one. Could you guys tell me if it's still possible to find them on trustworthy websites? Would really appreciate it! :P

Oh, just got mine today and share the same feeling... I was very much looking forward to buying it and now that I got it, I'm a bit disappointed... I'm a HUGE fan of big bags and this one feels too small... :sad: I'm specially disappointed with the strap that is way too short... The problem is that I live in Norway and it'd probably cost me a small fortune to send it back (bought it at Shopbop.com). Didn't know about this site before the purchase (stupid me), so my only reference was the pics. Now I wanna buy the Huge Hillier Hobo in fucshia and the delancey tote, but not the colorful one. Could you guys tell me if it's still possible to find them on trustworthy websites? Would really appreciate it! :P

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you! I can feel your pain! Living somewhere other than the States makes it a pain to do returns! I guess the only way is to sell it on eBay!

I think you can still get the Huge Hillier at ShopBop.
I'm afraid the Delancey is sold out in most places and the best bet would be eBay.

Hope those two bags work out for you better than the Groovee did! :yes:

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you! I can feel your pain! Living somewhere other than the States makes it a pain to do returns! I guess the only way is to sell it on eBay!

I think you can still get the Huge Hillier at ShopBop.
I'm afraid the Delancey is sold out in most places and the best bet would be eBay.

Hope those two bags work out for you better than the Groovee did! :yes:

Thanks for your support, Telicious! :smile: About the other bags on my wish list, the Huge Hillier is sold out at Shopbop.com and there they only have the Delancey in blue. :crybaby: But I won't give up easily! lol! :P

I have the older version in canvas white with the silver hardware. I felt exactly the same way when I first got it. I thought about returning it too...but it grew on me after carrying it around the city for one day. I love the way the bag looks and feel. The leather is soo soft!!! I think the price is decent for the quality of the bag and you can dress it up or dress it down. I kept mines and I love it now! :yes:

I just got this bag at an amazing deal on ebay but it was too heavy for me. So I'm going to have to sell it but I just got a faridah for an amazing price too so I feel better. I'm definitely an over the shoulder person.

One thing on the size of the Groovee -- it really looks smaller than it is (if that makes sense) -- I'm a BIG BAG kind of gal and cannot carry anything that doesn't fit my entire life inside and I fit everything I needed inside with LOTS of room left over (i.e., my ZC, large quilted makeup pouch, cell phone, daily planner, a bottle of Motrin, keys, my sunglasses AND their hard case (not the soft one), not to mention all of the receipts, coupons and check stubs I accumulated over several weeks!) -- also, the more you put into the bag, the better that it hangs on the shoulder (if it has more form/shape it tends to hang more even w/o sagging) -- as for the shoulder strap being short -- it's not long enough to carry cross-body and/or messenger style, but when I use the longer strap the bag hits just above my hip -- How long do you guys like your shoulder straps to be??

One thing on the size of the Groovee -- it really looks smaller than it is (if that makes sense) -- I'm a BIG BAG kind of gal and cannot carry anything that doesn't fit my entire life inside and I fit everything I needed inside with LOTS of room left over (i.e., my ZC, large quilted makeup pouch, cell phone, daily planner, a bottle of Motrin, keys, my sunglasses AND their hard case (not the soft one), not to mention all of the receipts, coupons and check stubs I accumulated over several weeks!) -- also, the more you put into the bag, the better that it hangs on the shoulder (if it has more form/shape it tends to hang more even w/o sagging) -- as for the shoulder strap being short -- it's not long enough to carry cross-body and/or messenger style, but when I use the longer strap the bag hits just above my hip -- How long do you guys like your shoulder straps to be??

I think we have a LOT in common! ;) I was expecting the strap to be long enough to hang around my butt (not sure if there's any other way to say that). :P

I think we have a LOT in common! ;) I was expecting the strap to be long enough to hang around my butt (not sure if there's any other way to say that). :P

Oh -- see, I don't like my bags to hang that low. They tend to get in the way when I walk, so where the Groovee falls is perfect for me -- besides, I really think the Groovee is meant to be carried as a satchel anyhow -- either on your arm or in your hand, and the shoulder strap just an extra something if you need both hands free -- That's why I love this bag so much. It looks gorgeous on my arm, but in a pinch when I need both hands free I can whip it onto my shoulder and not have to worry about it getting in my way -- But when I have this bag on my arm, I just can't stop looking at it (our elevators at work have mirrors on them, so I smile admiringly at my bag as I ride!!)

This thread is great. I'm pondering about buying this bag - Nordstrom is matching NM's deal and is going one step further - $200 of a $500 purchase! So I could buy this bag for $300. However, seeing how it looks in real life is making me doubt it a bit. The shoulder strap length does seem to be a bit awkward and the way it hangs on the shoulder strap looks weird, like a U. So maybe I'll save myself $300 after all...

Diana, how tall are you? Just trying to make a comparison to see where the bag might possibly fall for me. I'm 5'2" and would like it to fall around my hip area.

This thread is great. I'm pondering about buying this bag - Nordstrom is matching NM's deal and is going one step further - $200 of a $500 purchase! So I could buy this bag for $300. However, seeing how it looks in real life is making me doubt it a bit. The shoulder strap length does seem to be a bit awkward and the way it hangs on the shoulder strap looks weird, like a U. So maybe I'll save myself $300 after all...

Diana, how tall are you? Just trying to make a comparison to see where the bag might possibly fall for me. I'm 5'2" and would like it to fall around my hip area.

these aren't the clearest pics, but maybe they'll give you an idea of where/how the bag hangs -- I'm 5'1"

again, IMO, this bag is meant to be carried on the arm & the shoulder strap used only when you need both hands free -- I don't think this bag was meant to be a shoulder bag -- I just think the shoulder strap was added for convenience.

Attachments

• grv1d.JPG
    grv1d.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 322
  • grv1e.JPG
    grv1e.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 316
  • grv2a.JPG
    grv2a.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 343
no -- it's just full of stuff!!! it's like I said earlier, the more you put in the bag the more different look it will take on -- if you don't put much in it, it will flop and sag & won't look nice -- this is with my ZC, cosmetic bag, a bunch of receipts, pay stubs, coupons, etc, keys, cell phone, a bottle of perfume, a small can of refresher. Oh, yea, then I put the sleeper inside so that you can see how it hangs (I had actually emptied this bag out in order to use my Heloise, so I just threw a bunch of stuff in it before I took the pics!)