I got my first pair and am a bit confused!!

dublin80

Aug 3, 2009
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me. I just got my first pair of CLs (first pair of any type of designer shoes) They were a present and I know they were bought in Harrods so I presume they are the real thing. I wore them out for the first time last night - the night involved being in my apt, walking out to road to get a taxi, standing in a bar (no dancing..quiet night!) and then walking back outside to get a taxi home - so they had an easy enough night but when I got home I noticed that on the sole from where my toes are to where my foot starts to arch, the red is completely gone!!! is this normal? I was just didnt exepect this as they cost so muchand it was only their first wear and I was mostly indoors. I love them regardless but would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks. Ps Ihave tried to attach a photo but it wont let me.

Heh...WELCOME!

I'm not sure abt Ireland but in the states, many cobblers offer soling with vibram soles. I think you can also purchase them online...

Today I had to walk over some wet pavement in my yoyos, which I've worn maybe twice, and the red was peeling off afterwards. It was bizarre. But I'm sure it's normal. I've just never stepped in water before wearing CL's. Luckily they were patent. I was not happy!

Going to a wedding in a couple of weeks and planning to wear my new Yoyo's and already started planning on a second pair to bring in case it rains, don't want to risk it! haha.

I find that the soles of some of my CL's show more sign of wear than others after one wear. I think it also has to do with how heavily you walk, don't worry it's completely normal.:P

Hi,don't worry like the others have said this is normal.I got a great shock the first time i saw it too :shocked: not a great feeling at all!
I am from Ireland too and got some red rubber soles on ebay and a cobbler put them on no problem.I would recommend getting vibrams as they are the best though.
Enjoy your shoes:biggrin: