I got hydrogen peroxide in my eye!

bisousx

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
I just want to vent about my stupid mistake yesterday. I'm on vacation and staying at a friend's house. I was out drinking with friends and got home at 4 am, and couldn't find my contact lense solution so I used my friend's.

Turns out, it was part of a 2-step contact lense rinse where the first part you have to douse the lense in hydrogen peroxide, then rinse with another solution that, well, isn't some corrosive liquid.

So I unknowingly soak my lenses in the peroxide and the next morning, rinse it out with the peroxide and stick it in my eye :wtf: well it burned for a good 30 seconds while I was rolling on the floor crying. I started yelling for my friend when I couldn't open my eye and then I hear her boyfriend say "oh yeah, don't forget to tell (my name) not to use the contact lense solution. have a nice day honey!"

I took out my contact, went to the doctors, and now have a chemical burn on my eye! He says it looks like someone sandpapered my entire eye. :wtf: what a way to spend my vacation back home!! UGH..I had so many cute outfits planned out and now I have to walk around in glasses and one red eye. :crybaby:lmao!

so moral of the story to myself is: no matter how tired or drunk you are, always check the label :P

I use that kind of lens case, and I've made the same mistake! Nothing serious happened though- it just burned a little. I'm glad that it will heal and you'll be ok! :smile:

I've done the same thing! I used to use that same cleaning system and a few times forgot to add the neutralizing tablet. Burns like a *itch!:wtf: I can sympathize!!! I just left my lens out for that day and was fine. I have disposables now so I don't use that system anymore.