I got a new job!!! Woo hooooooooo

Pursegrrl

Oh no she di-int!!
O.G.
Jun 1, 2006
Guess what?? I got a new job! After a year of interviews at various places, including putting on a suit, pantyhose and heels in our super hot July/Aug :yucky: ...I got a new job! I'm very lucky in that I already have a job so I wasn't in a desperate situation. In fact, things at my current job are going better than they have in quite awhile, but this opportunity was too good to pass up.

I had an earlier post on going from full-time to contract work with very helpful suggestions and things to consider...thank you all :flowers: . I'm gonna go for it. It's a 6-month deal with potential extensions. If I'm extended, great. If not, there's a good cushion to fall back on :angel: .

I gave my two week's notice today. Whew, it went easier than I thought. I'm saying goodbye to 7 years at one company and now plunging into something completely different. But I can do it!!

Now, I think I'm getting that coveted Damier Alma with my first new paycheck :yahoo: ...

pursegrrrl, congratulations to you for taking the plunge into contracting!!!:yahoo: I have a couple of friends in the Bay Area who have done that and they love it so much (so do their bank accounts) they can't believe they worked for companies as employees for so long!!!

I hope you find the same happiness and this exciting move takes your career to great heights!!:wlae:

:party:

^^ thank you all SO much!! The one drawback is I'm probably going to have to actually WORK now during the day and not be on tPF all the time...can I handle the daytime withdrawals, LOL.