I find myself lying...do you?

Hi ladies, first of all, it is very tacky to ask someone how much there things cost. Whats is to them? Anytime anyone asks me how much something cost....i say "it cost the amount written on the price tag".....that usually shuts them up.lol. take care.

I have I kinda used to do that too I wouldn't say it but when people used to guess I would be like yeah something like that even if it was like a $1000 off. Sometimes my dad would guess for the fun of it bc he knows how we women are with our bags and he always misses and I just let him think hes right. According to him its such a waste of money to spend that much on a bag but dude hes a dude and I don't get why he says that bc I think its a waste for him to spend a few grand on power tools and things like that and he barely even uses it I use my purses a lot :upsidedown: I'm finished with college and work professionaly and I buy my own stuff so I don't feel ashamed I'm proud I've always been known by my friends as super spoiled when I was in school but note I never embraced it and my parents never bought me any handbags or anything when they try I just say thanks but no thanks. But it really does make me uncomfortable esp. now it isn't anyones biz how much your purse cost and how dare they ask in the first place anyways!

I don't think anyone's asked me what I spent on a purse but if they did I don't think I would tell them unless they were a very good friend. That is a tacky question and really none of their business IMO.

Yeah I have to admit I don't really say the actual price to my co-workers when they ask or friends... I just say when people ask me how much my bag is, I just say "it was enough"... usually they don't sit there and keep asking me about it... I feel that its a good enough answer... they don't need to know... only I do! :graucho:

It really depends on who I'm talking to. Certain friends I tell the truth, stragers I usually say "you don't want to know" other friends or my dad I lie that it's cheaper. I guess a part of me feels ashamed that I didn't work for it and I don't want people to call me a spoiled brat. And as far as my dad it's because I don't want the "lecture". He doesn't care if I spend $1000 but he does care if i spend $1000 on a HANDBAG. He knows stuff like LV is expensive but he thinks my BH was a whopping insane $350.