I Finally Found the Perfect Business Bag - In My Closet!

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I carry a slim laptop and a few files back and forth to work. I have a beautiful leather briefcase for formal business meetings, and I have a wheeled backpack that I use when traveling. I used to work in the city and commute by train and back then the wheeled backpack was my everyday bag - but then things changed.

About 2 years ago I got a new job and now I drive to work. My office is rather informal but I still like to carry nice bags and I had a hard time finding the right laptop bag.

I didn't want to buy another briefcase, although those Rogue Brief bags are beautiful - but they are expensive and heavy; but if I ever find one at a great price in a color that I like - I may give in to temptation!

I have loads of bags including lots of totes and I have rotated using several of them as laptop bags, but none of them was ever quite right.

Then last week I came across a bag that I haven't carried in along time and I was amazed that I hadn't thought to give it a try as a laptop bag - because it's perfect - exactly what I need! I have been carrying it all week and I've fallen in love all over again with this gorgeous bag; I will show it to you in the next message!

The Borough line of bags came out in 2014 and they were beautiful and expensive bags. I didn't buy any until they were deleted but now I have 2 beautiful boroughs that I got at the outlet in 2015 for great prices.

The bag that I have newly discovered as the perfect laptop business bag retailed for $898 but I bought it for only $268, but that was still a lot of money and I unsure about keeping it because it is very large and a light color.

But the bag is really beautiful so I cut the tags and delighted in carrying it, but I didn't carry it as often as I could have because of the size. I wasn't always comfortable hauling it around in the city crowds and squeezing onto the commuter train while carrying it.

I even compared it to briefcase a few times so I'm surprised that it wasn't my first thought for a laptop bag but I am glad that it finally dawned on me because it's perfect!

My new laptop bag is my old Large Soft Retro Tan Glove Leather and Suede Borough in Honey with Rhodium hardware, number 32295 UE HON.

Here are some pictures of it and it's beautiful and roomy and it comes with it's own accessory. Around the time I got the Honey Borough at the outlet, I also found the Large Colorblock Borough Boarskin Clutch in Loganberry and Tan. The style number is 52112 GD D79 and the retail price was $208 but I got if for $60.

It works great with my Honey Borough and I use the clutch to carry the electrical cord and a few small "parts" for my laptop!

I've hung my Mickey luggage tap on the side of the bag to add a little whimsy and I have decorated the bag with the Daphne Flower Fob 92685; here are some pics!

BoroughBusinessBag_012.jpg

BoroughBusinessBag_010.jpg

BoroughBusinessBag_011.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some stock photos and the picture with the model will give you an idea of just how big the bag really is, but it is not terribly heavy. I would have a wider long strap, but the strap is adjustable and it has a shoulder pad, and I don't have far to carry it anyway.

It has nice magnetic closure, 3 compartments, 2 large zipper pockets, 2 roomy slips pockets, and it even has a handy D-ring attachment inside.

Before I put it back in service as a laptop bag, I cleaned and conditioned the leather and brushed the suede, then I took it outside and gave it 2 applications of Apple Rain Garde for protection.

I'm delighted with my newly rediscovered laptop bag, and it makes me smile just to look at it!

HoneyBoroughAd_003.jpg

HoneyBoroughAd_001.jpg

HoneyBoroughAd_002.jpg

I love it when I rediscover a bag that is perfect for what I need . Beautiful laptop bag.

This is a beautiful laptop bag. I need to see what is in my closet. I'll probably find some bags that I forgot about.

I know! I need to do an inventory and see what else is in there because if I managed to overlook a beauty like that bag; there may be more surprises waiting for rediscovery!

Last edited:
This is probably the most beautiful laptop bag ever — good job on shopping from your own closet.

I can't believe that I totally missed the fact that I had a gorgeous $900 bag sitting in my closet being ignored because it was a little too big for a purse - while all the while I was bemoaning the fact that I couldn't find the right laptop bag!

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that if you want to carry the Large Retro Soft Borough as a purse, it works well to double the long strap, and carry it as a shoulder bag.

Here's an old picture of her heading into the city with me on the train in the morning, so you can see how I had doubled the long strap.

Now that I am carrying her as a laptop bag, I can use the single, long strap as crossbody or on my shoulder. I am short but the strap is adjustable. The model in the stock photo above is carrying the bag crossbody.

So the bag is versatile, and that's another great feature in a laptop bag!

This bag also comes in black, which I'm sure is more practical for a daily business bag, but I love the honey color - so I plan to use her a lot - even if she gets a little soiled, that's better than sitting forgotten and wasted in my closet! :yahoo:

HoneyCommuter1.jpg

Last edited:
I love this bag. I have the black in all leather. I always thought the strap was too thin to use as a laptop bag. It is a beautiful bag, but sags a lot.

I haven’t carried it in a while, seeing yours makes me want to pull mine out again.

Reactions: katev
I love this bag. I have the black in all leather. I always thought the strap was too thin to use as a laptop bag. It is a beautiful bag, but sags a lot.

I haven’t carried it in a while, seeing yours makes me want to pull mine out again.

The black bag looks so sleek and rich, you should definitely carry it some time and post some pictures!

If I were regularly carrying my laptop for significant distances I would probably want a thick strap, but I am usually only carrying it from my house to the car and from the car into the office, so the thinner strap with the shoulder pad is fine for me.

I haven't put anything heavy into the zipper pockets yet and I am only using the slip pockets for the portable mouse and my business card case. So far I haven't had a problem with slouching but I appreciate the head's up.

The Coach description calls the bag "luxuriously lightweight", "softly structured", "spacious" and "expandable" and those are the reasons that I like it as a laptop bag - but I don't want a bag that turns into a puddle, either - hopefully that won't happen.