I filed dispute for Final Value Fee on eBay

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I got into some sticky situation last week when the buyer had 0 feedback, unconfirmed address and she needed me to ship her item overnight express (within 2 business days after auction ended) - many people warned me not to send the item because its kind of suspicious.

Well, so I communicated with the buyer telling her I cannot ship to unconfirmed address because I am not protected by Paypal. I filed for Final Value Fee back from ebay ($20) and it turned out that the buyer reported to ebay that she still wants to complete transaction with me - therefore CASE CLOSED, I will not recieve final value fee.

My question is:
    1) Do I have a basis for filing the final value fee? Can I file for something that's already closed? How would I prove that I didn't accept her money nor ship anything to her. I did NOT claim her money in my paypal (the deny button on my paypal is not click-able? I can only click "accept" but I didn't, and am waiting for fund to be returned to buyer)

Thank you for all your expert opinions. I really appreciate it.

2. go to live help on ebay good luck!!

3. In eBay you chose the dispute based on unconfirmed address?

I am not sure. As the person ^ said, you may need to contact eBay Live. Let us know what they say because i am curious.

4. The same thing happened to me. Paypal closed my case because the seller still wanted to go through with the transaction. I called Paypal directly and asked them what I should do. Damn if you do damn if you dont. I expressed concern about shipping to a new Paypal user with an unconfirmed address. I asked if Paypal would honor their insurance on this case. They told me NO. Their response was that I should have put buyer preferences in place on eBay (no feedback, negative feedback, and unconfirmed address) so that these buyer would not be able to even place a bid on my auctions. I now have these preferences in place, but I lost my final fee for the item. I never sent out the item and never heard from the buyer again.

5. How do you set your ebay preferences to not allow bids from buyers with unconfirmed addys??