I feel SO GUILTY!

I'd definitely keep the Sabrina, but it sounds like you're having second thoughts about the Carly. If you aren't feeling really good about her, take her back. Is the Carly a bag you really want, or bought impulsively? I thought they were cheaper at the outlet too. I'm sure if you take her back, there will some style of brown bag you love available when you feel more comfortable spending the money! So my vote is keep the Sabrina, return the Carly.

If you love them both and can afford the money you spent - Keep them both! They are both great bags. If you spent more money than you could afford then take one back. I know I used to spend $50 on a handbag and when I got into Coach and spent $200- I felt guilty. BUT I could afford it and I soon got over the cost.

i wouldnt pay 255 for any signature bag.. the print is just way too common for me to appreciate.. jmho.. maybe because i live 30 minutes from 2 different outlets so EVERYONE has a signature bag around me

I bought a black/black/brass Coach Carly in 2007 and it frayed at the top...badly it looked terrible. You can send it in to have it repaired it cost $20. They will probably send it back with a 40% percent off coupon towards a new bag. Goodluck with Carly. Someone suggested the new heritage bag made with coated canvas...that is a great idea!!! Or stick with your black/silver sabrina.

I can tell that the Carly is potentially a "delicate" bag given the Sateen fabric -- she IS gorgeous, and I DO love the color, but WHAT IF ... the fabric starts to shred .... what do I do? Do you have to return to JAX, the store where purchased? All of the variables running thru my mind are just overwhelming right now.

I'm wondering, for those of you with a Carly (or HAD a Carly) what problems did you encounter with it? And was it bad enough that you have steered clear of the style all together now???

There was a poll on it:

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/did-ur-carly-fray-307909.html

I bought a Carly last fall and returned it (before using it) because I was concerned about it. I also decided that there were just too many Signature Carlys out there -- real and fake -- and that there were plenty of TDF bags at the outlets that would wear better.

Why not get a brown leather bag? The black and silver Sabrina is TDF, and you could always get one in steel. :smile:

If you want a Sig bag, the outlets have some great ones.

my outlet has a ton of carlys all 50% off,,,the big ones and small all dif colors/metallics...if u could get one from an outlet you may feel better about keeping it...

I would try to go to the outlets if there is one near you and see if you can score a Carly for cheaper. I recently just purchased a black one for 189 bucks just saturday I know how you feel about feeling guilty everytime you spend that much money my reason is becuase my DH hates it when I buy Coach and now I usually end up hiding the bags and then eventually he gets over it. But the funny thing is he will bribe me with Coach if there is something he really does not want to do around the house

That carly is gorgeous and you seem so proud of your sabrina. If I were you I would just keep them. It doesn't hurt to have a brown bag and a black bag. If you can afford the two bags, just keep them. Don't feel guilty about doing nice for yourself! =)

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ---------------------------------->>>>>>

The guilt is GONE ladies! I actually returned the Carly after picking my son up from school today. For some reason, it just wasn't sitting well with me, and honestly since I've "dumped" it, I FEEL SO GOOD!!! So, the bottom line was it was not meant to be. I was not lusting over Carly like I am my Sabrina, and the bag was a bit slippy on my shoulder, so she's a GONER! I also was not willing to risk having her fray after paying all that I did. If it's meant to be, then when I get to the outlets, and if 1 remains, well, then we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I do feel SO MUCH better now that I've returned it :smile:
And in all seriousness, I can NOT keep my eyes/hands/or nose off of my Sabrina! OMG, I LOVE HER!!!!!! I can now see why so many of you have opted to purchase her in nearly every color made to date!
Amazingly GORGEOUS :smile:
My DH does not yet know that I've returned the other bag ;) I know that I feel GREAT now ... no more guilt hanging over ME! <<Until I see that "next" bag that I just HAVE to have, right?>>