I feel like I dont belong here

I lived in Cali for 13 years and had to move to Utah...

Yeah, let's just say I DON'T belong here, ha ha ^___^ But I made two best friends since living here!

I honestly think I belong in Japan O.O

born and raised in CA, so I couldn't agree with you more!! :yes: CA is the greatest - diverse people, lots of culture, fantastic weather, and beach, sun, mountains, valleys...you name it, we've got it!! :happydance:

If you think CA is where your :heart: is, there is no better time to test out than college. Gluck!!! :tender:

I know how u feel couture_girl I moved to noVa 2 yrs ago from Fl and i miss fl so much! fl is similar to caLi so I know u must miss it alot! and yea most ppl dont care about fashion or designer things here that much which makes it less fun...with most of my experience w/ work and school, mot ppl seem to be a bit on the snobby side but hang in there and pm me if u ever need to talk!:heart:

ummmm i think its more just a joke, i almost wrote out some anthropological/ethnic studies stuff i learned on it but i figured it may be a tPF no no.

anyways, back on topic!
I was born and raised in California and am going to school in RI...um, I miss CA, I strongly dislike New England...the roads, the driving, the atmostphere....I really love CA and the laid back lifestyle, but where I am from it is starting to be very high fashion foward and its something that here I am not experiencing. Nonetheless, I am OK with it and eventually I will be back in CA following med school

Oh I feel for you I moved to DC for law school from South Florida and stayed here because I keep getting jobs here. I would probably choose to live in NYC, but sometimes I miss that beach and sand.

People in DC aren't into fashion - well most of them - but you can learn about other things while you're here and experience things you couldn't in Calif. For instance a protest on the Mall - or going to a Supreme Court argument - just seeing part of it - the National Gallery of Art has the only Da Vinici in the United States - and there are some great restaurants - foreign food too. There may be some great internship opportunities for you when you get older too. I guess since you're still a teen much of this depends on your parents cooporation!

i love CA! its hella laid back (lol, can you tell i'm from nor cal?) i have to agree, i wear my flipflops all year round. even in the rain! =)

now...i have to go to work..can't stop now. must do CALI ROLLS :P

I moved to the DC area a few years ago, after college, to work on the Hill. I grew up in NJ and have to say that there are some things here that are a bit of a culture-shock for me. I agree that the DC Metro area is very transient, but I think the fact that it's so "international" and "political" makes this very interesting. There is so much culture here (and being a foodie, I love trying all the different cuisines in the area), and honestly, DC is slowing getting there in terms of fashion. Hang in there...

I'm sorry your feeling this way. I don't know exactly how you're feeling so I'm really no help. I just hope things get better for you and you find your place where you're at. *HUGS*

I moved to the DC area a few years ago, after college, to work on the Hill. I grew up in NJ and have to say that there are some things here that are a bit of a culture-shock for me. I agree that the DC Metro area is very transient, but I think the fact that it's so "international" and "political" makes this very interesting. There is so much culture here (and being a foodie, I love trying all the different cuisines in the area), and honestly, DC is slowing getting there in terms of fashion. Hang in there...

This is one of the reasons why we love the area for ourselves and our boys :yes:. There's really a lot to do in the area if you really look. You can only be bored in this area if you want to be--there is way too much always going on..concerts, plays, festivals..so many great areas Old Town Alexandria, Maryland, DC itself (Love Georgetown!). There's so much history around here too. I'd always visit this area even after we move away.....it's more home to me than the actual area I grew up in....lol.

I can def. relate. We just moved last year and I still feel like I haven't met anyone like me. I had so many friends and we always had a blast together. I still haven't met anyone that can compare to the friends I have back where I used to live. It's ok though. My husband totally gets me and we are moving soon!

hug.gif

a hug from me to you~ cheer up!

As you can tell from the replies, different strokes for different folks. SoCal must be a polar opposite from NoVa, but different doesn't mean bad. My younger son lived his whole life in the midwest, then at 25 moved to DC for a job and he loves it there. It was an adjustment, but it has so much to offer. So give it time.

How different our tastes are--I love the midwest and miss it terribly. I don't feel I belong in NC at all. I've lived in FL and visited CA many times and you couldn't pay me to live in either (unless I was rich enough to live on the Monterey Peninsula lol).

If you look for the similarities rather than the differences in the people you meet, you may find you are making friends and enjoying VA more.