I did it! I got rid of some old Coach bags!

bluesh4rk

May 23, 2017
I had a three day weekend and spent most of it going through the entire bedroom closet and cleaning it out. I even got my husband to go through his stuff too. We ended up donating a truckload bed full of clothes and similar items including some Coach bags. Someone will be very happy when they go to the thrift store! I was going to try to sell them locally and I contemplated selling online too but I decided it just wasn't worth the hassle and I wanted to get them out of the house ASAP. Two of the bags were new with tags even! All the bags I got rid of were outlet bags that I never was very in love with but kept out of guilt essentially. I used a couple of them but not for long. Once I started getting the full retail bags including 1941, I decided I didn't want to use these other bags anymore so off they went. Such a relief and now my closet is a happy closet and all my purses are living on shelves where they are all safe and sound and not in danger of getting crushed. The other nice thing is the money stays local and it goes toward helping disabled people in the community.

Isn't it such a great feeling! I got rid of a bunch of stuff a few months ago and even tho I felt a little upset at first but it was nice to come home to closet that wasn't over stuffed. I gave up several older coach/mk/Kate spade bags that just arnt me anymore. I've been buying more quality and higher end stuff in the last few years and the fabric coach bags just don't make my heart sing anymore, I'm sure someone will be thrilled to find them dirt cheap and I feel better knowing they get to be used instead of sitting in my closet. I did keep one fabric coach bag, it was the first boutique bag I bought and even tho I only use it once a year I can't part with it yet.
And now on the bright side you have room for something new!

I had a three day weekend and spent most of it going through the entire bedroom closet and cleaning it out. I even got my husband to go through his stuff too. We ended up donating a truckload bed full of clothes and similar items including some Coach bags. Someone will be very happy when they go to the thrift store! I was going to try to sell them locally and I contemplated selling online too but I decided it just wasn't worth the hassle and I wanted to get them out of the house ASAP. Two of the bags were new with tags even! All the bags I got rid of were outlet bags that I never was very in love with but kept out of guilt essentially. I used a couple of them but not for long. Once I started getting the full retail bags including 1941, I decided I didn't want to use these other bags anymore so off they went. Such a relief and now my closet is a happy closet and all my purses are living on shelves where they are all safe and sound and not in danger of getting crushed. The other nice thing is the money stays local and it goes toward helping disabled people in the community.
I did this a couple months ago, it was hard to know how much was spent on the bags I donated (Coach, MK, KS, Fossil, Guess and others) but after I dropped them off I felt really good! Decluttered and made someone else very happy when they stumbled on a great find at the thrift store :hbeat:

Must be the season I have done the same thing some donated some sold and I never thought I would but over the last few years I have been carrying the same bag, I have 6 remaining and I just purchased my first bag in almost six years and it was the Bandit (1941 series) that reminded me of why I fell in love with Coach over 20 years ago. It has been hard but I realized that they are just taking up space and not being used. Funny thing I am doing that with a lot of stuff.

I like to clean out my closet a lot as well, I think it's a healthy ritual since it reminds you how you should be spending wisely, e.g. if I'm looking at this $500 handbag, do I see myself using it 5-10 years down the road? I also hate the idea of having things in my house that I don't need anymore. A lot of times I donate clothes I know probably won't sell on an online consignment, otherwise, for handbags, I don't mind listing them up and getting potential cash back.
In the end, it's a great feeling to get rid of things!