I caved and got a Damier Speedy 30...the price is going on up on it, too!

mharvey816

Unreformed handbag addict
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
So I took the afternoon off for my birthday today, for one more/last shopping spree before I have to stay out of the stores for the summer to pay off all these handbag bills....and I ended up at the Tysons Fairfax Square LV store, intending to pick up something cute and small in Vernis Frambroise before the price increase on Monday....

and they had both the Damier Speedy 25 and 30 on display. Mmmmmmmmm. I think I was actually bouncing up and down when I asked if they still had some that weren't already on hold for someone else. The nice SA said oh yeah she might have a couple left, and laughed. Smart lady brought out both a 25 and a 30, so I could model both and see which size I really wanted. I was sure I wanted a 25, but after looking in the mirror and digging around inside each bag, I realized that the 30 was for me. This is funny, because I already have a 25 in mono canvas, and was sure that was the perfect size. But somehow, the Damier demands a larger size, at least for me.

The 30 gets a drawstring sleeper bag for the full open size instead of getting squooshed into a smaller foldover bag, so that was a nice surprise for me. It also fits into the big box that I already had from ELux (my "original" birthday present to myself -- the wonderful Mandarin Epi Jasmine) so it can stay nice and unmolested until it gets carried. I had been deliberating which bag I should take on our upcoming trip to visit relatives, and now I know that my new Speedy 30 is definitely the one.

The funniest part was when I was gabbing with the SAs about how I was looking forward to not having to worry about the vachetta and patina and not getting the handles dirty, and how I knew about the price increase from reading PF and they had heard of PF! It was too much fun talking to them about how we all obsess about our vachetta and patina and not getting the handles dirty. LOL

So if you are debating whether to wait or buy, buy if you can. Sounds like stuff is just going to get more and more expensive. Sigh.

And yes, dear ones, the price is even going up on the Damier Speedies, even though they just got released *how* many days ago? 10? I'm guessing they want to keep the price even with the mono canvas, and since they are definitely going up, there you go.

Bdaycake.gif
Happy Bday !!!

Congrats on your bag..don't forget the pics !!!1

Congratulations, and Happy Birthday!!!
I bought a Damier Speedy 25 just this afternoon (they just happened to get one in yesterday!), and I am in love with it already! I am also looking forward to the stress-free chocolate leather!