I can't use my paypal balance.

ginaki

ginaki + bags = love
O.G.
Sep 12, 2010
Hello ladies, I need your help.

I have some money in my paypal balance, and I want to pay for an item. The price is higher than my paypal balance, so the rest will get paid from my debit card, that is linked to my paypal account.

Apart from my debit card, I have also linked my Visa credit card, that is now closed and I don't use it.

The thing is, that when I go to the payment page, I chose my debit card, and says that all the money will be taken from my debit card (no paypal balance).

When I chose my credit card as funding option, it shows the paypal balance first and then the credit card as a second source.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!!!

No, I was using my copmputer. Anyway, there was nothing I could do, I made a withdrawal to my bank account and now I wait for the money to be available, so I can pay with my debot card through paypal.

Thanks!

Have you paid this way before? I know that if I do not have enough in my paypal account, I have to pay the whole amount with my paypal visa...they will not allow me to use the amount in my paypal account and then put the rest on my card.

I just noticed that I can use my paypal balance when I'm buying something that costs less than the full amount I have in my account.

Lately, if I buy something that costs more than what I have in my paypal account, they take the full amount from my cc and leave the paypal funds in there.

For years they took whatever was in my paypal account first, and the remainder was taken from my cc -- but it hasn't been that way recently...

I just noticed that I can use my paypal balance when I'm buying something that costs less than the full amount I have in my account.

Lately, if I buy something that costs more than what I have in my paypal account, they take the full amount from my cc and leave the paypal funds in there.

For years they took whatever was in my paypal account first, and the remainder was taken from my cc -- but it hasn't been that way recently...
This must be new.

Thank you all!

I really don't know what happened...

The weird thing is that when I chose my credit card, paypal balance was there as first funding source.... for example it showed paypal balance 240 euros and xxxxxx visa card 35 euros.

But when I chose my debit, it showed 275 euros from xxxxx debit card.

Have you paid this way before? I know that if I do not have enough in my paypal account, I have to pay the whole amount with my paypal visa...they will not allow me to use the amount in my paypal account and then put the rest on my card.

Yes, I always paid this way before... when I had money in my paypal balance, regardless the card I chose, it took all my paypal balance money first and then the rest from my credit/debit card.

Yes, I always paid this way before... when I had money in my paypal balance, regardless the card I chose, it took all my paypal balance money first and then the rest from my credit/debit card.
That's exactly the way it used to be for me too — it would take from my Paypal balance first and then use whatever was still needed by going into my credit card.

When I saw my credit card statement, it always felt like I got a discount. Even though I paid full price. :P

That's exactly the way it used to be for me too — it would take from my Paypal balance first and then use whatever was still needed by going into my credit card.

When I saw my credit card statement, it always felt like I got a discount. Even though I paid full price. :P

True :biggrin:

Thank you all!

I really don't know what happened...

The weird thing is that when I chose my credit card, paypal balance was there as first funding source.... for example it showed paypal balance 240 euros and xxxxxx visa card 35 euros.

But when I chose my debit, it showed 275 euros from xxxxx debit card.

EXACT same thing happened to me about a week ago. I was really confused too - they must have changed something. :shrugs:
I didn't want to use my credit card so to make it work, I just paid the whole thing with my checking account and then transferred my paypal balance to my checking account. Although I can see where that would be a problem if I didn't have enough in there to cover the whole thing up front since the transfer takes a couple of days.