Food I Ate This! Post pictures of food!

Saturday night Japanese bento box dinner — salmon teriyaki, California roll, gyoza (potstickers), salad. Pretty easy to do this 2-fer since no one was around in our part of the restaurant and for once, I did not get an eye roll or snarky comment from DH.

Attachments

• 28CA1DAB-C2DD-4374-8776-01D26F79BFBA.jpeg
    28CA1DAB-C2DD-4374-8776-01D26F79BFBA.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 119
I've decided to eat rice only on the weekends. It will be foolish of me not to eat my mom's cooking while she is here and making all these delicious food (which btw I have no knack for!)

Rice with tilapia curry, stir fry collard and um.. cow heart Bhuna.. it's delicious. I grew up eating that and it's been too many years since the last time I ate that so I couldn't resist. [emoji4]IMG_20180819_184114569.jpeg

I've decided to eat rice only on the weekends. It will be foolish of me not to eat my mom's cooking while she is here and making all these delicious food (which btw I have no knack for!)

Rice with tilapia curry, stir fry collard and um.. cow heart Bhuna.. it's delicious. I grew up eating that and it's been too many years since the last time I ate that so I couldn't resist. [emoji4]View attachment 4168500

I would love to try the tilapia curry!!! Never had it before.

Thanks, you are kind :smile:. It seems like such a great idea — I like curry and I like tilapia (although never cooked it before), why not combine the two?
It's pretty yummy! Mom pan fried the tilapia in the frying pan and she in the same pan used the basics such as turmeric, chili powder, salt, garlic and cumin and chopped onions and a little bit of water to get all the spice wet. Dropped in several stems of cilantro in the end. She makes it look easy. But there's no recipe. I always want to measure but I forget by the time she has already put the spice in. Lol!

It's pretty yummy! Mom pan fried the tilapia in the frying pan and she in the same pan used the basics such as turmeric, chili powder, salt, garlic and cumin and chopped onions and a little bit of water to get all the spice wet. Dropped in several stems of cilantro in the end. She makes it look easy. But there's no recipe. I always want to measure but I forget by the time she has already put the spice in. Lol!
Thanks — I bet I can use this general recipe for other mild tasting white fish!!

Thanks — I bet I can use this general recipe for other mild tasting white fish!!
Yes! Perfect for Swai and Flounders too. It actually works for any soft flaky fish. We have never made tuna steak curry. I don't think my DH would like it as he really does cook it like he likes his real steaks like medium rare. He would probably say it's way overcooked if my mom made it.