I am finally taking the plunge!

May 11, 2006
I have been lurking around here for a few months, watching, learning and saving for my first Chanel purchase, a jumbo, classic flap in black caviar with gold hardware. I thought I would have more time to save but with the Feb. 1 price increase looming I have to move up my purchase.
Please think good thoughts while Saks does a search for a jumbo for me. I live near the flagship Nordstrom store in Seattle but when I went there today they said they didn't order the jumbo classic.
I have never spent this much on a bag before and so have some anxiety about it but I have wanted this bag for years. :sweatdrop:

The anxiety is normal because it is a lot of money to spend. It is so worth it though.

I have the Black Jumbo Caviar classic flap with silver hardware, and I love it.

It's such a great bag and very versatile. You can dress it up or down. I wear it with jeans or with my suits to work.

Good luck and post pics when you get it.

NWpurselover, I hope Saks finds you one. You are right, it is alot of money to spend on a bag. I bought my black caviar 10 years ago and it is definitely the ONLY bag I still carry that I bought pre-millenium. I consider the cost-per-use so in the long run, it is a better investment than any "IT" bag you may spend hundreds on and not carry next year.
Also, I have discovered that it is better for us in the NW to go to Saks because then we don't have to pay that hefty 8.8% tax which is HUGE on any Chanel purchase. It is a savings of about $150. So I hope they find one for you. Good luck!

You'll love it!!! I just got my Jumbo Flap in black Caviar w/ silver hw....I can't believe how much I love it :nuts: !!!! I love the feel of it and it's very comfortable to hold...............you will not regret it!!!!:love: