I am confused by this transaction

Well inquiring minds want to know????
Still we would love to hear from Amanda and Tokyo?????

One Creative Girl - Maybe UPS store did mess up and that's why it was sitting in their store. (that would explain the difference of dates on the package)

Coachfreak & Glammm - thank you for all of your reading and re-reading this and the previous post(s). The detective of the year award is a tie. :smile:

Still we would love to hear from Amanda and Tokyo?????
(One Creative Girl - I don't think you are stirring the pot! LOL)

Thanks, Lovely. I appreciate that. :P

I've been alerted to this thread - so here's my side. Or, my reiteration of what I stated in my previous thread.

I have no idea why the package says it was shipped 10 days late. None at all. Probably the idiots at the UPS store that screwed things up from the beginning. I offered to provide the seller with a scan of my shipment receipt 7 days after I originally sent it in order to prove that shipment was made since I did not have a tracking number, and she said it was fine, so I'm confused as to why she would accuse me of sending late without at least allowing me to show her proof that it was sent as stated. I also have a copy of my original customs form, dated in my own handwriting. I offered to scan that for the OP after I was able to obtain a copy from UPS (it took me several weeks to get it from them), but again, she didn't take me up on the offer.

The seller was polite, but from the number of messages I received from her, it seemed like borderline harassment to me. The bag got to her safe and sound within the time window that I was quoted by the shipper, I offered to scan any and all documentation that I had for her to reassure her, and I did her a favor by honoring her request to undervalue the bag and declare it as a gift, even though it put me at a huge risk if the bag WAS somehow lost. I shipped using the exact shipping that the buyer requested and paid for, which didn't come with tracking - I didn't realize that since after I left the store. If I had realized, I would have gladly used my OWN money to get tracking. So I'm confused that she chooses to come here and post this instead of taking it up with me directly, as she knows I'm a moderator here and that I would obviously see it and accusing me of things that would obviously cause me embarrassment (and name calling, as we've seen thus far). Even better that none of those things are even remotely true.

And I left her positive feedback because I didn't want her to neg me back, and I was so upset about the whole ordeal that I used the wrong word. So sue me. This was my worst eBay experience ever, and I'm extremely disappointed in how the OP/my buyer chose to handle herself and continues to handle herself.

I also just finished reading the other thread entirely. Wow. It's definitely an interesting twist to see both perspectives from the buyer's and seller's point of view. However, one thing I am curious about, why did the seller say to the buyer (according to OP of this thread) that shipment took so long because of oil prices? But according to the seller's thread, she didn't mention anything about that.

Obviously, I am not pointing fingers here, just curious.

Interesting thread. Good catch, glammm.

I simply told her that the price of gas in the US MAY contribute to an international shipment taking a couple days longer than it used to (I have experienced a lot of shipping slowness since gas prices went up, and I'm no expert, but I would think that sky-high prices would result in fewer cargo trucks and planes running in some instances). I also told her that it MAY be because it was shipped right before a holiday weekend (July 4). I was just throwing out a few ideas for why it might take longer than she was used to previously, since she said that she has received things quickly in the past. I never claimed that it was 100% because of any of them, but she was freaking out after a WEEK, so I was trying to calm her down.

I just want to say that the only reason I came one here was to get some input from others, I mentioned no-one's name and did not attach any threads. If the person you're dealing with starts to say that she thinks you're not going to pay, oil prices are effecting shipping times, and there's no tracking number I think you can question things. I have always been polite and I resent the accusation that I was freaking out, I was only confused.

^Tokyo, I would be confused also. I think their is always alot of anxiety when your the buyer of such an expensive item [even inexpensive]. I personally think you handled the situation you knew best. I would be suspicious also If I got a package that was dated 10 days after the seller claimed she sent it, so instinctively you start to imagine all of the things that went "wrong" or felt "suspicious" about leading up to the delivery. I still cant figure out why the seller would leave you feedback saying "...seller..." instead of buyer, but perhaps she had you confused with someone else?? If you got your bag and its what it stated in the auction, then I would leave neutral feedback or none at all. If the transaction was not overall "positive" for you, then you are NOT obligated to leave a positive. I think leaving a negative would be harsh, obviously the two sides arent reading anything alike and since its done and over with, I dont think you gals need to beat it any more to death :smile:

I just want to say that the only reason I came one here was to get some input from others, I mentioned no-one's name and did not attach any threads. If the person you're dealing with starts to say that she thinks you're not going to pay, oil prices are effecting shipping times, and there's no tracking number I think you can question things. I have always been polite and I resent the accusation that I was freaking out, I was only confused.

My question in this is ::::::: this thread was not started until 9/5/08 --- and the buyer had received her bag and all was apparently well. Why bring this up without first talking it over with the seller????

^Tokyo, I would be confused also. I think their is always alot of anxiety when your the buyer of such an expensive item [even inexpensive]. I personally think you handled the situation you knew best. I would be suspicious also If I got a package that was dated 10 days after the seller claimed she sent it, so instinctively you start to imagine all of the things that went "wrong" or felt "suspicious" about leading up to the delivery. I still cant figure out why the seller would leave you feedback saying "...seller..." instead of buyer, but perhaps she had you confused with someone else?? If you got your bag and its what it stated in the auction, then I would leave neutral feedback or none at all. If the transaction was not overall "positive" for you, then you are NOT obligated to leave a positive. I think leaving a negative would be harsh, obviously the two sides arent reading anything alike and since its done and over with, I dont think you gals need to beat it any more to death :smile:

If a buyer in a foreign country starts prodding you over why their package hasn't arrived after only 5 business days and you offer to show them proof that you shipped it as requested on the date that you claimed and they refuse, you might throw out a couple of ideas as to why the package is taking an extra day or two as well. Just ideas. And what I told her was supported by the manager of the shipping store that I spoke with. I'm not sure why that's suspicious at all?

And I left feedback for her transaction and several others at the same time, I was extremely upset about the whole debacle and ready to leave eBay over it entirely, so why does it continue to be an issue that I screwed up and said seller? I just gave her a pos in hopes that she wouldn't neg me and to try and show a little goodwill to someone who had been hostile.

I complied with the buyer's every request except for not realizing that the kind of shipping SHE paid for didn't automatically come with tracking until it was too late. I went above and beyond to get her information about her shipment, I returned to the UPS store twice and spoke with management about it, I've offered to provide her with a great deal of documentation that proves that I've told the truth the entire time and she apparently has no desire to see any of it.

As I've said previously, I'm very disappointed that you would choose to air your grievances on the board that you know I'm a long-time member of before even broaching the issue with me or allowing me to show you the receipts and forms that I've offered to you many times. They would clear the issue of when the package was shipped, and I resent being called a liar when you won't even take the time to look at the evidence that I have.

Honestly, I'd like to put the issue to rest as it caused me an enormous amount of stress at the time, as you can see in my last thread (which, by the way, was started 4 days before the OP claims I even shipped the package), and I'd rather not have any feedback from you at all.

Last edited:
I NEVER called you a liar. What does the time reference matter? I was only looking for some info from others. I didn't know you were writing about me whilst our transcation was underway and I never mentioned your name, or attached a thread, so how was I supposed to know that others on this site might connect things? But I would just like to say one final thing - you're not the only one who has been upset by this - why do you think I took so long before I asked for info from others?

I NEVER called you a liar. What does the time reference matter? I was only looking for some info from others. I didn't know you were writing about me whilst our transcation was underway and I never mentioned your name, or attached a thread, so how was I supposed to know that others on this site might connect things? But I would just like to say one final thing - you're not the only one who has been upset by this - why do you think I took so long before I asked for info from others?

This would all have been cleared up if you had allowed me to send you the receipt and the customs form that I offered (more than once). And saying that the bag was shipped 10 days later than I said that it was IS calling me a liar. Again, this would have been taken care of long ago (and PRIVATELY) if you would have allowed me to show you the documentation from the shipping store. I even sent you the contact information for the manager that I spoke with at the shipping store so that you could confirm what I told you with him - I gave him your name and told them that it was ok for him to give you all the information he had on me and the shipment that I had made.

The package arrived within the standard shipping time that USPS quotes for international shipments of that type, I shipped the bag using the kind of shipping that you requested, and the bag arrived authentic and as described. I undervalued the bag and put myself at a HUGE financial risk so that you could save money on customs. I bent over backwards to get you information about the shipment, returned several times to the shipping store to confirm what I had told you, and I stayed in communication with you at all times. I even gave you positive feedback to show a bit of goodwill. So I'm not really sure what I could have done differently, besides known ahead of time that the shipping you requested didn't automatically come with tracking (and if I had, I would have happily paid for it myself).

I think your expectations were unreasonable for how quickly the bag would arrive and I don't think it's fair to air grievances publicly, even if I'm not named, before speaking with me privately. I gave you several ways to contact me, and I always replied to you promptly in the past. Reading this thread is the first I had ever heard that the bag was marked July 10 instead of the date I shipped it, and had you notified me of this IN ANY WAY, I would have been more than happy to provide plenty of proof that the error was with the shipper and not with me (and therefore completely beyond my control).

So I'll ask what others have asked - why not just email me and at least ask for the proof that I had offered you before posting this thread?

Amanda - I would scan of your paperwork from the shipping store and email them to her anyway, whether she wants it or not. Save the email and keep it in a saved file on your emails - print everything out too. I have a hugh and I mean hugh file of all of my sales & purchases for *bay.
Yes, this could have been done privately. I hope you get your positive feedback!!! :smile:

I think the buyer was just airing her grievances just like everyone else in the ebay forum. Although, even ebay suggests to contact your seller first--should you have a problem!

I think the buyer was just airing her grievances just like everyone else in the ebay forum. Although, even ebay suggests to contact your seller first--should you have a problem!

And I would have no problem with her doing this if she had contacted me about the issue and gotten either no response at all or an unsatisfactory response - but it makes no sense to ask you guys for advice on an issue that only I can shed any light on, kwim? And she didn't even attempt to contact me about it, or indicate to me that the postmark was weird when she told me that she received the bag. She knew I had receipts and that I had later acquired a copy of my customs paperwork (which, as I stated in the other thread, the UPS store did not give me initially), and she knew that I had offered to email them to her as proof of shipment since I didn't have a tracking number for her. She also, at one point, accused me of writing her address incorrectly, to which I also offered to show her my paperwork to prove that I copied letter-for-letter what she gave me, but she also didn't take me up on that offer.

So it seems really odd to me that she claims she was super worried and still is upset over the transaction (upset enough to post about it where I'm publicly known and generally well-regarded), but she wasn't upset enough over it to want to see any of the paperwork that I offered. That just doesn't compute with me, at all.