I am an antique jewelry expert

hillarys

hillarysjewels
Dec 5, 2006
Hi all,
I am a third generation antique jeweler. If anyone has any questions I can certainly help. I used to teach classes on the subject and now have a busy website. I would be happy to help in any way. I love antique jewelry.:yahoo:

PS--I know little to nothing on new jewelry--sorry.

Hi! Apparently this forum has deleted your website address so I cannot contact you that way. I don't know what your specific area of expertise is in.

My little daughter was digging around our house (built before 1886) and found a 1" gold pin with etchings - it also has one seed pearl. It's in pretty good shape. The clasp is unusual - it's not a "C" clasp, it's more like a "hood" clasp. Is it Edwardian or Victorian? I do believe it is authentic.

She thinks it's neat to have found a treasure. We're just looking for some history behind it. I'd appreciate any insight you can give.

Attachments

• pinfront.jpg
    pinfront.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 147
  • pinback.jpg
    pinback.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 131
  • pinside.jpg
    pinside.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 147
I recentley found out that I have a couple of diamonds that are 'Old European Cut', which after searching Wikipedia I noticed is a cut that was used mostly in the 19th Century before the round brilliant came into practice in 1919. I was just wondering if the Old European Cut is ever still used today?

Where do you stand on the Cleaning Question?

Dump it all in the foil-lined pan with salt and soda, or soft brush and pointy Q tip and avoid moisture like the plague?

Hi, I have a hallmarked 22ct gold ring. Was wondering if i could email you a picture so you could possibly help me figure out when it was made and how much it could be worth.
Thanks

Hi all,
I am a third generation antique jeweler. If anyone has any questions I can certainly help. I used to teach classes on the subject and now have a busy website. I would be happy to help in any way. I love antique jewelry.:yahoo:

PS--I know little to nothing on new jewelry--sorry.