I am adopting a special needs kitty

What a gorgeous kitty and how awesome of you to take care of her! :hugs:

My mom used to have a blind cat named Django. He lived to be 17 years and when you saw him with the other cats of the family, you'd never guessed that he couldn't see. It's really amazing how cats can overcome blindness. :yes: I'm wishing you all the best and give sweet Bellis a cuddle from me.

Do you know how long it took Django to get used to his surroundings? It really is amazing how animals overcome obstacles. The adoption rep was telling me that Bellis' favorite game is to run full speed at another cat and stop inches from them. She said the other cats are not quite as amused with the game. LOL

What a gorgeous kitty and how awesome of you to take care of her! :hugs:

My mom used to have a blind cat named Django. He lived to be 17 years and when you saw him with the other cats of the family, you'd never guessed that he couldn't see. It's really amazing how cats can overcome blindness. :yes: I'm wishing you all the best and give sweet Bellis a cuddle from me.

Love this!!!!! Every animal, special needs or not should have a loving home :biggrin: I wonder if animals are like humans- when one sense is limited/removed the other ones become heightened?

Definitely. Just like us, another sense will sharpen up and compensate for what might be lacking. Her hearing and/or smell is probably incredibly heightened.

Animals like Bellis humble me. Best to both of you, Cindi. :heart:

This is so lovely! I have adopted two blind rescue cats. Annabel is in her twenties and you wouldn't know she's blind (she has an extremely accurate right hook if anyone displeases her!) and the Bear is about 8 years old - he climbs up everything!
I'm so glad you are giving Bellis (what a beautiful name) a home - wishing you both much happiness!

it is so wonderful of you to adopt Bellis! she sounds like an amazing cat and she's an absolute beauty! please post more pictures of her when she is settled!

Do you know how long it took Django to get used to his surroundings? It really is amazing how animals overcome obstacles. The adoption rep was telling me that Bellis' favorite game is to run full speed at another cat and stop inches from them. She said the other cats are not quite as amused with the game. LOL

I'm sorry but I don't. She got him when I was really little and didn't notice such things. :P I don't recall him ever having any problems with His surroundings, not even with changed furniture, etc. I'm sure Bellis will adapt just fine. :yes:

Bellis is home! I am so happy. I put her in the litterbox and let her find her way out. She walked circle after circle around the room. She even bumped into Maggie who looked at her like "hello, trying to take a bath here. LOL The adoption rep said to do a slow introduction which is probably a good idea with normal cats. My Maggie however is not normal. She is a mommy cat and almost instantly takes to any new foster cats that I bring in here, especially if they have a disability. I knew she would love Bellis. Happy and Bellis sniffed each other and then ignored each other. LOL After Bellis walked around a while I put her in bed with Maggie. Maggie decided she needed a pre-nap bath. Bellis doesn't seem to mind. Now they are both fast asleep. So far so good. I'm in love. :love:

Attachments

• Mag-Bellis.jpg
    Mag-Bellis.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 154
  • MAGGIE KISSES BELLIS.jpg
    MAGGIE KISSES BELLIS.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 152