Hurricane Irma chat for those in the path

Just read an interesting article about how the US had a ten year hiatus from serious hurricanes....which scientists say happens twice every hundred years. I think we've had enough for the next fifty...go away, Maria!

Reactions: frick&frack
Irma and Maria were both names of grandmothers and great-grandmothers... I don't believe in ghosts or spirits but s**t is getting weird. :shocked:

Um, what did you do to hack off the honored ancestors??? *whatever she did Honored Ancestors we are all so sorry! Don't take it out on the rest of us, go visit her house [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]*

I'm so sorry you are still without power, I will be thinking about you and hoping its back on soon!!!
^thank you

Coming in late to say Millie and I evacuated to North Carolina and safely returned yesterday! It was quite the long drive (took us 20 hours to get to Charlotte). But I am so thankful that we are safe, our loved ones are safe, and the storm wasn't as intense as many thought it would be. I am so sad for those who lost their homes and beyond sick over the situation that happened at the nursing home.

We had some trees down, our fence fell apart, and a few tiles on our roof came off. We lost power but not for long at all, so lucky! We have friends staying with us who have a 7 week old baby because they lost power. It's been great to see so many helping one another.

Hang in there everyone and glad overall we all fared well all things considered!
^so glad you're home safe! I know @Vlad is way more happy about that than I am. [emoji6]

Very good news that you didn't have significant damage. I hope you'll have everything repaired & back to normal soon.

I'm watching the news this morning, and am feeling a familiar "uh-oh" when looking at the tropical forecast. Maria. Sigh. Haven't we ALL had enough this year?
^ugh. I don't want Maria to come here or go in the Gulf. She just needs to follow Jose out to sea. Please don't let this hurricane season be like '04 & '05. [emoji1317]

Irma and Maria were both names of my grandmothers and great-grandmothers... I don't believe in ghosts or spirits but s**t is getting weird. :shocked:
^[emoji23][emoji33] I'm gonna need you to leave the area [emoji23]

This is such an active season that we're keeping our shutters up for maybe another month or so or until the storms stop rolling off Africa.
^I thought about doing that. Wish I had now.

Sending big hugs to all of you who are affected by Irma. :hugs:
^thank you. Support & encouragement are what we need followed by a healthy dose of laughter.

Oh my word! Not another one! Gesh! :faint: Still no power Frick? How is everyone doing? Please know others are thinking & praying for all of you! :heart:

Just to put a smile on your face. :love:

Sending this one your way @frick&frack :hugs: Now PLEASE restore f&f's power! Thank you!
^thank you! I may or may not have added rum to my fruit smoothie. [emoji16][emoji56]:whistle:[emoji484]

I just want to repeat that my mom & dad have power, so I've been staying with them for a week. I'm very grateful that I had someplace to go.

My outage status still says it'll be fixed by midnight Monday. I hope that holds. My neighbor called this afternoon to say she'd seen power company trucks (from out of state) on the next street. That's a very good sign. If it was a local truck, they could be only assessing the problem.

Reactions: Evia
I'm hoping Maria doesn't come this way, the waiting and watching game is hard.

Frick - lots of people that I know that were without power and weren't supposed to be restored until Monday got it back yesterday/today. Any luck?!

Reactions: frick&frack
I'm hoping Maria doesn't come this way, the waiting and watching game is hard.

Frick - lots of people that I know that were without power and weren't supposed to be restored until Monday got it back yesterday/today. Any luck?!

I can't face the thought of Maria.

Not yet. It's GOT to be some time tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I don't want to seem like I'm complaining; I'm not. I'm lucky that I've had somewhere to stay that has power. I just want to sleep in my own bed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michele26