Hunting for a rexy Jetpack bag charm deal?

No. The Rexy charms (proper leather ones of that style) never make it to outlets. They hardly make it to warehouses because they almost always sell out and are made in limited quantities on purpose. If they're rare and limited they're cooler and each one is really high quality. I bought a 1941 large Rexy on sale but it was the only one on sale and it probably didn't sell out because it's very large AND because it was in the men's section.

I remember trying to hunt down the first edition Rexys and every single store, and online and in warehouse were entirely sold out in every size and color and I only missed the train, so to speak, by a few weeks. If you really love it you should buy it now, and if you're worried that I am mistaken (I could be) buy from Nordstrom and don't wear it out since Nordstrom has the longest return policy. That way you can wait until they're completely gone without ever having gone on sale.

Also, and this is important, if you buy it make sure to tether it twice. Once with the clip and again with something like a hangtag chain because one member here had this very rexy charm and lost it because he fell off :sad:

Did the Rexy charm hold up. It looks very fragile

Did the Rexy charm hold up. It looks very fragile

It still looks new, but I'm neurotic and careful with all my stuff. I was at Barney's the other day and was wearing a backpack I have had for almost 2 years; I set it down on the counter and go to pay for a Celine blouse when the SA takes my backpack and starts looking through it. I said 'Um, excuse me, what is it you're looking for?' I wasn't too shocked because I was chatting freely with the SA so I didn't mind if he wanted to inspect my bag. He said he was looking for the price tag though :lol: I guess it looked brand new but I have worn it 2 years now (it's a classic style so they had them in stock on that floor). ANYWAY sorry really random story.
My friend who is notoriously careless with stuff has had a rexy for way longer and it looks good. It's the small one (from the first round) and he is not a stiff as mine because the leather has slightly softened and the seams that connect the arms / legs to the body have become a little looser. I should add that it wouldn't be too hard to fix if she wanted to, but she kind of just takes her rexy everywhere on several bags and doesn't pay attention to the wobbliness. It has held up remarkably well but I keep saying it might lose a leg one of these days.

TLDR; if you take care of it, and attach it securely to your bag + make sure it's has not become loose over time, I think it can last a really long time and I personally don't find the Rexys to be that fragile.