how's your chalk rogue bags hold up?

vivianyan

Jan 10, 2017
I recently purchased a chalk tea rose 25, love the combination of the oxblood handle and the white/gray tea rose.
But I am kind worried about of using it, thinking maybe I should have chosen the back one.

how's yours hold up? does it easy to show dirt or catch color transfer from clothes?
any suggestions?

I have the 31 size in Chalk. I had no trouble keeping it clean until I got caught in a torrential downpour in NYC. I kept my purse dry, but my legs were damp. I didn't want to put my Rogue on the floor at the theatre, so I rested it on my lap as I usually do.

I highly recommend that you do NOT leave a Chalk Rogue on moderately wet jeans for a couple of hours. Even ones that I have washed multiple times.

I noticed afterwards that I had a lot of colour transfer and dragged my husband to an after hours drugstore so I could find alcohol free baby wipes. They didn't help much. I ran to Coach House the next day in a panic, and they told me to leave it with them for an hour and come back.

I did, and they removed 95% of the transfer. There's the faintest of shadows but I only see it because I know it's there. No one else would. Other than that, I wore it probably 50% of the summer, commuted with it, stuffed it in an office drawer, rested it on the floors (only in my own home)...and there are no stains or discolorations at all.

I didn't Apple Rain Guard it, because I can't get that in Canada. I haven't done anything to it really, other than clean and condition it before putting it away for the fall/winter.

Your bag will be fine. I just bought the Chalk Tea Rose Dinky. I think there's even less reason to worry with the flowers; I don't think they'd show faint stains as much as a solid block of leather.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
t
I have the 31 size in Chalk. I had no trouble keeping it clean until I got caught in a torrential downpour in NYC. I kept my purse dry, but my legs were damp. I didn't want to put my Rogue on the floor at the theatre, so I rested it on my lap as I usually do.

I highly recommend that you do NOT leave a Chalk Rogue on moderately wet jeans for a couple of hours. Even ones that I have washed multiple times.

I noticed afterwards that I had a lot of colour transfer and dragged my husband to an after hours drugstore so I could find alcohol free baby wipes. They didn't help much. I ran to Coach House the next day in a panic, and they told me to leave it with them for an hour and come back.

I did, and they removed 95% of the transfer. There's the faintest of shadows but I only see it because I know it's there. No one else would. Other than that, I wore it probably 50% of the summer, commuted with it, stuffed it in an office drawer, rested it on the floors (only in my own home)...and there are no stains or discolorations at all.

I didn't Apple Rain Guard it, because I can't get that in Canada. I haven't done anything to it really, other than clean and condition it before putting it away for the fall/winter.

Your bag will be fine. I just bought the Chalk Tea Rose Dinky. I think there's even less reason to worry with the flowers; I don't think they'd show faint stains as much as a solid block of leather.
Thank you so much for sharing your story! I couldn't buy the Chalk tea rose dinky because of the worry of color transfer when ware it cross body and it can rob against my jeans all the time. I guess I don't need to worry it that much now with my tea rose rogue 25.
I have another question, I recently received the Chalk tea rose and I feel the leather is kind of gray-ish white, not as I remembered a real Chalk white. the gray-ish is only shown on the pebbled leather, not the smooth leather on the zipper. is this normal?

I have a Rogue 25 in Chalk. I sprayed it with protectant when I first got it (I used Tana, as it is more accessible for me in Canada, but many use Apple Garde) and do that every now and then. It looks great still. I only really handcarry it though (no crossbody, rarely shoulder). I have been caught in some downpours but just dried it off and it was fine :smile: I give it a wipe with a leather cleaner wipe before I put it away after use. Still looks great!

Reactions: Pagan
I carried my Chalk Rogue 25 most of the summer with no stains, color transfer, etc. I haven't treated it with anything but I may try the Apple Guard next spring (this bag is tucked away until then). I have noted others feedback on color transfer and will make note if I'm carrying it with a heavily pigmented/new clothes. I also carry almost exclusively by the handles so that does eliminate some risk.

Agree that the tea rose version will be even more forgiving and overall there's little to worry about! Enjoy!

I hand or arm carry my Rogues as well. Having said that, I’ve arm carried my Chalk Rogue many times over a denim jacket (it’s neither new nor a dark wash) many times without any colour transfer. I’m convinced it was the wet denim that caused the problem. I’ve rested that bag on my lap while wearing jeans many times with no problem at all.

@RayKay, do you remember which Tana protector you used? I’ll have to look for it.

ETA: Thankfully, made it home in time to edit my typo! :smartass:

Last edited:
Reactions: MooMooVT
I hand or arm carry my Rogues as well. Having said that, I’ve arm carried my Chalk Rogue many times over a denim jacket (it’s neither new nor a dark wash) many times without any colour transfer. I’m convinced it was the wet denim that caused the problem. I’ve rested that bag on my lap while wearing jeans many times with no problem at all.

@RayKay, do you remember which Tana protector you used? I’ll have to look for it.

ETA: Thankfully, made it home in time to edit my typo! :smartass:

Yes, I use their All/Universal Protector. I have also used Kiwi Protect All. I can usually find one or the other at Safeway, Save-On, Walmart, etc.

I have a prairie satchel in a beige color and it was my go-to bag during a cruise in the Baltics. By the end of the trip it had some blue color-transfer from my sweaters on the back. Coach cleaner was able to remove it! The transfer does happen on occasion with that bag... Apple Guard might save me a few cleanings.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I have a very light colored pink Dinky (currently in my avatar) and I've worn it cross body quite a bit including a vacation to the Canadian Rockies and I usually wear dark colors and I've had no color transfer on it at all. All I did was use the Coach conditioner before using the bag.