How Will Christian Louboutin Sample Sales Top Current Pricing

Given the recent drop in prices (super sales) of luxury items, how do you think Christian Louboutin will have sample sale success? When I first saw sale prices at Barneys, I was really excited because the prices appeared to be pretty close to SS. This was before I heard about the Saks give away sales that started before Christmas.

I don't really think they depend that much on the sample sale for profit, since it's a very limited list of people that are invited, so they probably don't care too much about competing with sales prices at Saks or Barneys. I am curious as to what the stock and pricing is like, though.

Good point. I wonder if there will be the same level of interest and excitement from those wanting to attend. I know it has always been ultra-exclusive, which makes scoring an invite all the more precious. However, in the current climate - unless he really puts on the ritz, which I cannot imagine - I don't know if the interest will be the same unless he is darn near giving things away or has items that will not be available in any other market - now that's HOT. :yes:

I don't know, but I am a little bit demoralized by how cheap certain Louboutins are going for on ebay and other places. It makes me not want to purchase some of the newer season shoes when I can get four or five pair of older shoes for the price of one new pair. Especially with the price increases.

Even still, if he holds a signing that I don't have to cross the continent to attend, I will definitely be there, paying full price for his shoes.

Maybe they will have HTF shoes at the sample sale. I saw a pair of Som1 with a thin 120mm heel that would have loved to have, and I wondered if it was from the sample sale. I had never seen them before, and have not seen them since.

Good point. I wonder if there will be the same level of interest and excitement from those wanting to attend. I know it has always been ultra-exclusive, which makes scoring an invite all the more precious. However, in the current climate - unless he really puts on the ritz, which I cannot imagine - I don't know if the interest will be the same unless he is darn near giving things away or has items that will not be available in any other market - now that's HOT. :yes:

I went to the last sample sale in NYC and the prices at Barneys/Saks were a lot cheaper. Now with those fire sales, I hope SS prices will be lower. I got a pair of python privativas for $400. No shoes were higher than $400 except for exotic boots. I tried on every pair of size 42s and also 41s that I could get my feet into.

There was a pair shoes that very quite worn and had "Jennifer Lopez wore to XXXX" on the box.

No matter what the price, I think people will still want to go to the sale because there are folks who like to have access to events/things that aren't accessible to the general public.

(I owe huge thanks to a TPF member who gave me details about the sale. I wasn't on the list originally, but after a bit of research I was soon in the red sole mecca.)