How to treat/protect from corner wear on caviar leather?

rosieroseanna

Spenderella
O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
I just bought a beautiful black petit timeless tote which looks to b in good condition, the only signs of wear are on the corners, I asked if the leather has rubbed through at all and it hasn't. I know Chanel have a great repair service but I just wondered, does anyone know if the can do anything about these corners? To get them a bit like new again? thanks for ny help!

ptt11.jpg

ptt12.jpg

ptt13.jpg

ptt10.jpg

congratulations on your timeless tote, you can try taking it chanel and see what can be done, I know sometimes repairs can be lengthy though...

A refresh is $265 and includes changing out the hardware, conditioning the leather. I think this is the most expensive service so you can call Chanel and ask for an estimate of what you want done. But yes, Chanel can get the corners looking more like new.

Congrats on your bag!

It may not be more expensive since the boutique will either send it out to a local leather shop or to France to Chanel. It depends on the type of repair where the bag is sent.

I had 4 bags repaired. Took about 2-4 months for each.

Good luck!

Hi all,
I bought a med/large caviar classic flap last October. I've been using it almost every day since then. I think I am pretty careful with the bag... but the corners of the bag are wearing out(corners look noticeably smooth) a little. :sad:

Now I am a little hesitant to get another caviar flap. Am I just being paranoid the corners wearing out or do they really happen eventually? Is there anything I can do? Do 2.55's hold up better?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi! :smile: I think wear and tear, especially to the corners, is inevitable. Caviar is the most durable leather Chanel makes, and the reissues would likely fare worse in the corner wear department. My mom uses her Medallion tote almost daily and there is some wear to the corners (it is not something that even remotely bothers her, though).

I have a lot of caviar flaps and rotate them often (plus I'm very anal about my bags), so there is no wear. Do you set your bags down on rough surfaces? Anyway, I would just enjoy your bag :flowers:... but if it truly bothers you and you want an immediate solution, bring it to your local boutique and for a small fee (or for free, since it has been less than a year), they will send it out to repair/retouch the areas of concern. :smile:

The bottom corner edges on my Caviar Medallion Tote have been wore a lot. One of the corners has the leather tear-off, which shows small potion of pipe. See picture. Can it be repaired? Should I take it to Chanel store for repair, or I can just get it done in any of the leather repair shop local? If I send to Chanel store, what's the estimated cost for repair?

Thanks for any suggestion and advice.

Attachments

• pipe.JPG
    pipe.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 319