How to shorten chain straps?

ncabahug

Sep 19, 2014
Hello all,
I recently purchased a Vavin PM, which I absolutely lOVE. Perfect size, shape, look, weight, everything. My only issue is that this bag is way too long for me to wear crossbody as it lands on my mid-thigh (5'0, 95 lbs). I've just been using it as a shoulder bag while doubling up the straps. I tried shortening it the way I shortened my Chanel Jumbo CF by tying the chains under the flap, but the Empreinte leather is no where near as stiff as caviar leather, so I'm concerned the flap will collapse with weight.

Do any of you know a way to shorten this strap? Temporarily or permanently - I really don't have a preference. I keep hearing mixed answers on if LV will shorten straps or not.

Or does the Vavin MM have a shorter drop length?

you could do something similar to the chanel tip. Rather than tie the 2 straps in centre like Chanel, tie each side with a ribbon to itself. It will have a little loop on each side under the flap but you can test the length out and if you like it get a professional to shorten.

you could do something similar to the chanel tip. Rather than tie the 2 straps in centre like Chanel, tie each side with a ribbon to itself. It will have a little loop on each side under the flap but you can test the length out and if you like it get a professional to shorten.

Yes, I was considering doing this as it would distribute the weight to the grommets like it was supposed to. I think the extra chain loops might end up being too long. And It'll look so campy when you open it :lol: But I'll try it when I get home. Do you think I could shorten it with a twilly somehow?

Yes, I was considering doing this as it would distribute the weight to the grommets like it was supposed to. I think the extra chain loops might end up being too long. And It'll look so campy when you open it :lol: But I'll try it when I get home. Do you think I could shorten it with a twilly somehow?
actually you could with some loops and knots to shorten the chain