How to read authentic chanel tag

sudniska

Aug 15, 2007
Hi lady,
I kind like wonder how to read authentic chanel tag on its bag. I have deposited a few money for my classic bag at outside store and will come back and get it in a couple week.

However, This bag is came from Bergorf goodman store so it has 2 tags on it one from bergof goodmana and anothe one from chanel. In this matter,
I have read from how to spot fake tag before on ebay. They said on the tag, 2 number on the first line is the year of the bag. But why my bag is started with 00 so i've asked the seller she said for classic one always start with 00 number, they not show any years on it. Is that true ?

Please help me and I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong column.

Thanks !

No, I didn't bought it from BG I have ordered from out side store that they sell chanel bag. That's why I am worried but anyway when I go back and get it, will take a look and check on it again before I giving them all money. Thank you somuch.

QUOTE=LVgirl888;11265216]00 means that it is part is the continuous line. Since you bought your bag at BG, you have nothing to worry about, your bag is authentic.[/QUOTE]

You are making me confused. :blink: First, you said bag was from BG, then you said bag was from Saks. One has nothing to do with the other. Whichever is the case, the 00V is a permanent line. See below for explanation.

Tips on how to read the CHANEL tag:

BPTag001.jpg

08 = collection year 2008
P = Printemp (French) or Spring

A37590 = style number (prefix) - all you need is this number

Y04373 = part of the style number (suffix)

94305 = black color

NSZ = no size (one size fits all)

3572621322283 = bar code number used for inventory purpose in the CHANEL Boutique and
Saks. Department stores like NM and Bloomingdales use their own tracking system. Not sure about Nordstrom and BG.

FYI: The letter “A” before the 2 digit year code = Automne (French) or Fall. The “00V” stands for continuous line.

Here's an example of a tag with 00V (excuse the yellowish light):
BPTag002.jpg

Reactions: beemeowmeow
Very useful, burberryprncess!! Thank you for sharing that with us!

I also want to ask about the hologram sticker..
I noticed some stickers has CC on it and some don't... do older bags don't have the CC on it?

I'm so sorry to make you confused, I mess it up. Let me tell u again. Today I have reserved my bag and put some posited with the lady who owned this store, she is selling mostly second handbag and she also be able to order brand new chanel from the sale person who works for saks, bloomingdals and BG with i can get it cheaper than buy it directly at the chanel store.

The bag I reserved today came with 2 tags (1 from chanel and another one from BG) I kind like trusted her and believed that those bags she is selling are authentic but I just want to make myself more sure before I buy it. That's why I need your help to make me more understand about how to read the authentic tag and your information is very useful to me.

Many Thanks :smile: I am now can't wait to get my 1st baby bag :P

Thanks again burberryprncess...

You are making me confused. :blink: First, you said bag was from BG, then you said bag was from Saks. One has nothing to do with the other. Whichever is the case, the 00V is a permanent line. See below for explanation.

Tips on how to read the CHANEL tag:

BPTag001.jpg

08 = collection year 2008
P = Printemp (French) or Spring

A37590 = style number (prefix) - all you need is this number

Y04373 = part of the style number (suffix)

94305 = black color

NSZ = no size (one size fits all)

3572621322283 = bar code number used for inventory purpose in the CHANEL Boutique and Saks. Department stores like NM and Bloomingdales use their own tracking system. Not sure about Nordstrom and BG.

FYI: The letter “A” before the 2 digit year code = Automne (French) or Fall. The “00V” stands for continuous line.

Here's an example of a tag with 00V (excuse the yellowish light):
BPTag002.jpg

I'm so sorry to make you confused, I mess it up. Let me tell u again. Today I have reserved my bag and put some posited with the lady who owned this store, she is selling mostly second handbag and she also be able to order brand new chanel from the sale person who works for saks, bloomingdals and BG with i can get it cheaper than buy it directly at the chanel store.

The bag I reserved today came with 2 tags (1 from chanel and another one from BG) I kind like trusted her and believed that those bags she is selling are authentic but I just want to make myself more sure before I buy it. That's why I need your help to make me more understand about how to read the authentic tag and your information is very useful to me.

Many Thanks :smile: I am now can't wait to get my 1st baby bag :P

Thanks again burberryprncess...
\

You can always request the seller to take detailed pictures of the bag and then post the pictures to the 'Authenticate This Chanel' thread and we can authenticate it for you. Pictures needed include:

1) a clear and close up picture of the hologram sticker
2) Chanel/Made In France or Made In Italy label
3) engraving on zipper head/pull
4) front, back and bottom views of the exterior bag

Very useful, burberryprncess!! Thank you for sharing that with us!

I also want to ask about the hologram sticker..
I noticed some stickers has CC on it and some don't... do older bags don't have the CC on it?

hologram stickers have changed over time. Please visit the authentication tips thread in the Chanel shopping subforum for explanations.