how to protect caviar classic flap???

Honestly caviar leather is so durable that I really dont think you think to spray anything on it to protect it. After a couple uses, wipe it down with a baby wipe and you're good to go.

i have a white caviar east west and i didn't treat it. it did get a little gray smudge on it once, but i just wiped it off with a damp towel. i wouldn't worry too much. the caviar leather is really great.

ilikepenguins - I use baby wipes. I would guess that any type of wipes with the contents that baby wipes have would be fine, I've even used those lysol wipes before and it didnt do any damage on the caviar or the color.

jag - sorry, I'm clueless about how to protect lambskin :sad:

I have white caviar.. just don't use it against dark cloth in summer time since it will stain slightly with time.. i only use mine when i wear white tshirt, or white jacket with jeans.. it looks perfect for the outfit!

jag.. the problem with lambskin that it scratches easily.. i had one in classic flap and it used to scratch when it rubs against belt or any jeans button on the side, etc.. I never herd of away to protect it.. my SA always recommend lambskin to me "more luxurious than any leather chanel made"!!

To protect lambskin, I send my bag to Chanel and get it cleaned. They spray it with a protectant hehe ;)

The caviar protects itself. Soooo just let it be

in between Chanel cleans you can use leather conditioner on it - I recommend Lexol - it's easy to find - gentle and won't stain your leather. I use it on shoes and purses for the leathers that are more fragile.