How to pair with MOP Cosmos earrings?

kudlaty

Aug 22, 2021
So I’ve been eyeing the frivole pave earrings and the cosmos mop earrings. The cosmos seem larger and will stand out more with my long hair but I don’t know what necklace to match it with, I don’t have any RG jewelry.

Does anyone have the mop Cosmo earrings? How do you like them for casual wear and what do you pair with?

Many thanks in advance!

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I think @BigAkoya and others discussed this in the VCA discussion thread. I’m pretty sure she has them and wears all of her jewelry with Bermuda shorts, striped long sleeved t shirts, chanel ballet flats, and/or long strands of mikimoto pearls. If you do a search or post your inquiry there, you may get more ideas. I seem to recall the gist of the conversation was the MOP cosmos could go with a lot as it’s presence was almost like a big stud earring. . . But my recollection may be faulty

Last edited:
So I’ve been eyeing the frivole pave earrings and the cosmos mop earrings. The cosmos seem larger and will stand out more with my long hair but I don’t know what necklace to match it with, I don’t have any RG jewelry.

Does anyone have the mop Cosmo earrings? How do you like them for casual wear and what do you pair with?

Many thanks in advance!
I just bought the Cosmos MOP earrings within the past couple of months. I also have the rose gold/sapphire Frivole earrings. To me the Frivole earrings fit a bit better - the post is a little higher so they sit higher on the earrings. Aside from that, I think they are both beautiful options. I added the Cosmos to have some MOP in my collection. It was either that or the MOP Magic Alhambra earrings, and I prefer the look of the Cosmos over the Magic Alhambra earrings. I pair it with the rose gold/MOP Magic Alhambra pendant that I have (this is the smaller pendant exclusive to the Ginza boutique). I also pair it with the rose gold/GMOP long Magic Alhambra necklace. However, I think MOP is an extremely versatile stone that really can be paired with any necklace - rose gold or yellow gold. I will also add that I think the MOP has a "brightening" effect that all pave earrings do not have.

I just bought the Cosmos MOP earrings within the past couple of months. I also have the rose gold/sapphire Frivole earrings. To me the Frivole earrings fit a bit better - the post is a little higher so they sit higher on the earrings. Aside from that, I think they are both beautiful options. I added the Cosmos to have some MOP in my collection. It was either that or the MOP Magic Alhambra earrings, and I prefer the look of the Cosmos over the Magic Alhambra earrings. I pair it with the rose gold/MOP Magic Alhambra pendant that I have (this is the smaller pendant exclusive to the Ginza boutique). I also pair it with the rose gold/GMOP long Magic Alhambra necklace. However, I think MOP is an extremely versatile stone that really can be paired with any necklace - rose gold or yellow gold. I will also add that I think the MOP has a "brightening" effect that all pave earrings do not have.
Thank you so much! Which pair do you wear more for casual every day? Cosmos or Frivole?

I think @BigAkoya and others discussed this in the VCA discussion thread. I’m pretty sure she has them and wears all of her jewelry with Bermuda shorts, striped long sleeved t shirts, chanel ballet flats, and/or long strands of mikimoto pearls. If you do a search or post your inquiry there, you may get more ideas. I seem to recall the gist of the conversation was the MOP cosmos could go with a lot as it’s presence was almost like a big stud earring. . . But my recollection may be faulty
Thank you!

Thank you!
Well I just got the cosmos relatively recently, so I haven't had a chance to wear them a whole lot yet. However, I wear all of my VCA earrings casually. I know some people do not prefer wearing the pave earrings casually, but I personally have no problem with it. I also think the cosmos earrings look great casually. I think I tend to prefer frivole for the spring/summer months (just because it is so obviously a flower) and the cosmos for the fall/winter (I think the heaver/chunkier style works well with sweaters). I can try to find a photo of both to post.

• Insightful
Reactions: DS2006 and 880
Thank you for the pictures! They both look GORGEOUS on you! What necklace do you pair with the earrings? Now I'm leaning towards yg frivole earrings, do I also need to get the matchy necklace?
Thank you! I personally am not a matchy matchy type of person. I always feel a bit overwhelmed when I wear the pendant that matches my earrings identically. I have a number of pink gold VCA pendants that I wear with both pairs of earrings. They coordinate but are not identical. I do have the pink sapphire frivole pendant, but I typically don't wear it with the matching earrings. With that being said, I am 100% an earring person. I often don't wear any jewelry other than earrings (never leave the house without a pair).

If you are a matchy matchy type of person, I think the yellow gold earrings and necklace would be great, but I personally would suggest getting the earrings first just to see if you still think you "need" the pendant.

Thank you! I personally am not a matchy matchy type of person. I always feel a bit overwhelmed when I wear the pendant that matches my earrings identically. I have a number of pink gold VCA pendants that I wear with both pairs of earrings. They coordinate but are not identical. I do have the pink sapphire frivole pendant, but I typically don't wear it with the matching earrings. With that being said, I am 100% an earring person. I often don't wear any jewelry other than earrings (never leave the house without a pair).

If you are a matchy matchy type of person, I think the yellow gold earrings and necklace would be great, but I personally would suggest getting the earrings first just to see if you still think you "need" the pendant.
That makes sense! I also only wear earrings a lot of times when I go out! Hoping to try them on in stores soon!