How to make a vintage saddle bag crossbody?

mia55

O.G.
Jun 21, 2010
I recently purchased this beauty without realizing the strap is too short for a crossbody style. I don't know why in my head, I always thought the mini bags were a crossbody. In any case, I love the bag and now wondering how I can make it a crossbody? Shall I completely cut off the strap and add a new longer replacement strap or use some sort of extension? Please recommend how to wear this bag without spending much money on it.

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 10.57.16 AM.png

• Love
Reactions: BagLadyT
With an H bag, I can totally get it; they're so expensive you don't want to compromise. This was a used, at a reasonable price, and I always loved the mini saddle bag, so I guess I'll somehow make it work :smile: If nothing, I'll just cut the strap and add a crossbody.

I do not recommend cutting off the strap. It is not easy to match the Gaucho's antiqued red colour with another strap.

Just wear it the way it was intended and enjoy it. It's really cute over the shoulder, or hand-held.

Reactions: jellyv
Strap:

Any strap with those clips would work I assume.

I recently purchased this beauty without realizing the strap is too short for a crossbody style. I don't know why in my head, I always thought the mini bags were a crossbody. In any case, I love the bag and now wondering how I can make it a crossbody? Shall I completely cut off the strap and add a new longer replacement strap or use some sort of extension? Please recommend how to wear this bag without spending much money on it.

Thanks

View attachment 5759162
I second @poleneceline you don’t need to cut off the existing strap just clip a crossbody strap to the rings. It’ll give it a top handle vibe and you can just shove the strap in the bag when you want to hand carry. I would say you could also get a gunmetal chain with clips to match the hardware if the bag colour is difficult to match. You can get bag chains from Etsy/ebay/

I second @poleneceline you don’t need to cut off the existing strap just clip a crossbody strap to the rings. It’ll give it a top handle vibe and you can just shove the strap in the bag when you want to hand carry. I would say you could also get a gunmetal chain with clips to match the hardware if the bag colour is difficult to match. You can get bag chains from Etsy/ebay/
GUNMETAL yes! Extra straps is very punk! :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: Bagatha Christie
In the time that it was designed in, 2000s Y2K era, a lot of bags were made as shoulder bags. So I guess it is a reflection of that time. However buying an after market canvas strap in that burgundy antique red colour would work. Try Aliexpress for cheap after market accessories. Or you could splurge and buy a genuine wide canvas Dior long strap.

How old is this bag? I don't even remember the times when Dior made something like that.
9db8485b2f12772247bbfa0f9674fb6d.jpg

tumblr_m427cmlYb61qm3zbto1_1280.jpg

13-ss-06.jpg