How to keep myself at ban island?

Hello dear @Minnie Meow . Please know that you are not alone & it happens to most of us bag addicts.

I had experience such rush & understand how thrilling it feels when especially when Chanel came out with some bags that hits my sweet spot (usually in the same season). My justifications are usually:

1. They hardly do this combination. Ill miss the boat if i dont get it now
2. This will be the last, i will be good next season (since i found what i want)
3. The price will go up again!

How did I manage? I took a few trial and error actually. I managed to lay off after i really scrutinise what actually I want, what works for me and how sometimes Chanel quality fails to meet my expectation. Im lucky the bags I gotten manage to sold of at the price I bought them, but its still a tiring process of rehoming them.

Heres my tips on how I manage my bag temptations & keep my collection as strict as possible:

1. Know what works for you, and ask yourself, is there any bags in your collection that is similiar to the one you eyeing on

2. Ask yourself is there any of the bags you have now that you love but dont use as much? Example, I love my square, but it hurt my shoulder when i carry it compared to the rectangular

3. Rehomed the ones you dont wear as much as you think you would. I feel less guilty when I bought something new, and I have rehomed something else that didnt work out for me

4. If you cant control your temptation, I would stay away/unfollow IG and tPF. The reveals, previews are very tempting. I was off tPF for solid 2 years when I was saving for my house. Nothing beats that feeling when we reach to the saving goal for the house!

5. On 'chanel will never make these any more', trust me they will. Theres always something new. They need to keep making these amazing cute pieces to keep people interested. From the boy, then mini, then coco handle, so blacks, the gabrielle and now the mermaid. If say you miss the one you really love, theres always secondary market. The chase is part of the thrill too for me.

6. On 'chanel will keep getting more expensive', to me eventually every prices will go up. Theres no point of spending thousand now, just to save a some. But you end up short for few months (this happen to me, i literary work my ass off for overtime to stay afloat)

7. I used to think higher price equals quality. I used to think Chanel quality is always top notch. But when i received a couple of bags with flaws in a row (missing stitch, jumped quilted stitches, caviar is flaking) it sort of kill joy for me

8. Finally, I now have a list of Top 10 HG bags I want to own & retire with. And everytime a new collection comes, i ask myself, is this fitting to my HG list? Will I be using its in my 50s? I found having the list makes me stick to my goal better, and resist the temptation to add multiple pieces at one time.

I think the fact that you acknowledge amd seek assistance on ban island is amazing. Not everybody can do that. I hope this helps. I am sure you have a beautiful collection, now lets try to embrace them & I hope you will manage hit your goal of getting a house soon! (Where we can built our custom closet for the bags! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️)

This. I need to remember this! Those three things (hard to find, price increase and last-ever purchase) are EXACTLY why I keep being sucked back into the vortex. I am buying a lot more thoughtfully now at Chanel but the fact that I am still buying is a problem! I love my collection and they more than cover all my wardrobe needs.

Where I live, there isn’t much of a second hand market (buying or selling) so I’m less vulnerable to IG/online selling platforms. I love TPF too much to quit cold turkey but I really need to stop going into Chanel “to browse”. Sometimes I’ll tell myself I’ll just look at the shoes or brooches but 9 times out of 10, I’ll come across some new must-have bag. No more Chanel for 2 years for me too!

Reactions: Minnie Meow