How to go from 50+ to looking 20+ with plastic surgery rejuvenation.

Finally got the quotes for breast fat transfer to compare Korea, USA vs UK. Fresh is 4.4 million krw or £2,822 in a clinic based setting without separate anaesthetist so all the fee goes to Dr Hong who is not a board certified plastic surgeon minus nurse and translator fees. With the recent death of a Chinese lady getting breast FT and lipo in Seoul earlier this year, I am not prepared to risk death getting a procedure without a qualified doctor anaesthetist.

Dr Bednar, a board certified US plastic surgeon charges $11.5k (£8,740) in a clinic based setting with a nurse anaesthetist so all fees minus the nurse's fees go to Dr B. It is impossible for Brits to enter the US due to covid but if it were, with flights and hotel the total would be over £10k for one round.

Mr Floyd, a Cambridge graduate board certified plastic surgeon's surgical fee is £2,250, his consultant anaesthetist is £608 and the London Wellington private hospital GA daycase is £2790. Top up is £1k cheaper at the Wellington. It is also £1k cheaper in an outlier private hospital.

So instead of paying for flights £1k, 2 week Korean quarantine hospital for £1400, £2822 op and £400 hotel, I get to finally have my breast lipofilling with flank harvesting in a safe hospital setting by a board certified plastic surgeon who trained at Cambridge med school for the same as being a health tourist in Korea during the covid pandemic.
Definitely makes sense to have it done in the UK. Have you booked a surgery slot yet?

Reactions: MissOrange
Definitely makes sense to have it done in the UK. Have you booked a surgery slot yet?
Hi @Mazikeen yes my breast fat transfer is on August 22! NICE changed the rules on self isolation in the U.K. prior to surgery so now I only have to self isolate for 3 days and not 14! Yay! I have already started drawing on selfies to see what I may look like! Here is one of my back. Can’t wait to get rid of the postmenopausal love handles that have arisen from drop in oestrogen and rise in cortisol with the menopause! In fact for postmenopausal women, maybe flank lipo is perfect as you can then have it transferred to your breasts or bum! After arm lipo, fat expanded in my bum which I don’t mind. My bum went from 33 inches to 34 inches! I am curious to see where fat will expand after lower back lipo for my breasts. I hope it expands in my chest on top of the fat transfer. When my weight is 95 lbs, my chest is 31 inches and when my weight is 100 lbs my chest is 32 inches. Normally I would say lose a few lbs before fat graft, but am hesitant as the surgeon may have difficulty harvesting if I go below 99 lbs. I was 101 lbs at consult last month and 100 lbs in the photo taken yesterday.

I haven’t heard back from Dr O about a date for thigh lift in Belgium yet other than it can be done in September. Will pay and book my travel once I know. The U.K. today added Belgium to a 2 week quarantine on return which won’t stop me. Hope Belgium does not reciprocate with Brit arrivals as that would block my mini thigh lift! I looked up viola xoxo’s RS crescent thigh lift photos and that is exactly what I need. She even has the same preop markings!

B6DB2C73-8804-4ED6-9E15-04F4B8A5DCEC.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mazikeen
Hi @MissOrange, do you know why type of lipo (traditional, laser?) he will do for the flanks and if anything special is being done to tighten that skin after the lipo? That's quite a bit of fat removed so I wonder if loose skin may result afterwards?
Good question @Gats. I found this on the Wellington hospital website on lipo. I am expecting a call from the surgeon before surgery so shall ask which lipo method he uses.

Screenshot_20200809-043647_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Phoenix123
Woohoo. Booked and paid for my €2500 mini thigh lift op with Dr O in Belgium for the first week in September! I have to quarantine for 2 weeks when I get back from Belgium but that is ok. I reserved the Hotel van der valk as it has a sushi restaurant! I shall be holed up in my room eating sushi all day postop. Eurostar was very reasonable at £124 return including local Belgian trains. I think 2 weeks between ops are fine as I recall I was on a ski slope a week after my enbloc explant and lift! Now fingers crossed Belgium does not reciprocate with a 2w quarantine for Brits else I am in trouble!

This should complete my mini mummy makeover!

I am more obsessed with getting my thighs slimmer! I took photos and can definitely pinch more than an inch of loose skin. Can't wait to get slimmer thighs. 12 days to breast FT (I am a 32c preop) and 3.5 weeks to mini crescent thigh lift! Woohoo. My OH doesn't want me to go to Belgium which has the highest per capita covid death rate in Europe but I shall bring my covid meds to protect me.

20200810_131642.jpg

20200810_131612.jpg

I am more obsessed with getting my thighs slimmer! I took photos and can definitely pinch more than an inch of loose skin. Can't wait to get slimmer thighs. 12 days to breast FT (I am a 32c preop) and 3.5 weeks to mini crescent thigh lift! Woohoo. My OH doesn't want me to go to Belgium which has the highest per capita covid death rate in Europe but I shall bring my covid meds to protect me.

View attachment 4814849

View attachment 4814850
Just wear your mask and keep social distancing and you`ll be ok. Has Dr. Oh confirmed that it will definitely be a crescent lift?

I found this web photo and it is exactly how I look post revision periareolar mastopexy July 2019! Dr Hong had called it an adhesion in January but I remember David Floyd saying something about tuberous at consult last month so I googled and sure enough what I have is a type 1 tubular breast defect complication on the right side! It was never like this before in my life! With 9 days to go, I am now even more excited to get this fixed with fat graft. I have decided to lose 2 more lbs if possible before my surgery so that I can regain 3-5 lbs. A patient of David’s had the best retention but she gained half a stone postop, ie 7 lbs. Currently at 98.8 lbs, down from 101.8 lbs drinking probiotic actimel for breakfast. Will aim for 96.8 lbs if possible.

7F9E1689-D0AA-4541-98AA-CA7B7A1BE003.jpeg

I found this web photo and it is exactly how I look post revision periareolar mastopexy July 2019! Dr Hong had called it an adhesion in January but I remember David Floyd saying something about tuberous at consult last month so I googled and sure enough what I have is a type 1 tubular breast defect complication on the right side! It was never like this before in my life! With 9 days to go, I am now even more excited to get this fixed with fat graft. I have decided to lose 2 more lbs if possible before my surgery so that I can regain 3-5 lbs. A patient of David’s had the best retention but she gained half a stone postop, ie 7 lbs. Currently at 98.8 lbs, down from 101.8 lbs drinking probiotic actimel for breakfast. Will aim for 96.8 lbs if possible.

View attachment 4817590

Wow! Had to google tubular breast defect. How did that happen? Did you have implants b4?

Wow! Had to google tubular breast defect. How did that happen? Did you have implants b4?
@Mazikeen I have had 4 sets of implants later banned. All were either approved by Europe or the FDA. I think the en bloc explant removed breast tissue also. I have one week to go to hopefully have my final breast operation. It has been 24 years of surgeries for ruptured or subsequently banned implants. I would never recommend implants in ladies. US FDA approval or European CE approval is no guarantee the implant is safe as 4 sets trilucent soya, hydrogel, PIP and allergan textured silicone in me have all later been withdrawn as unsafe. I have had 7 breast surgeries and hope this fat transfer will be the final one on my breasts.

@Mazikeen I have had 4 sets of implants later banned. All were either approved by Europe or the FDA. I think the en bloc explant removed breast tissue also. I have one week to go to hopefully have my final breast operation. It has been 24 years of surgeries for ruptured or subsequently banned implants. I would never recommend implants in ladies. US FDA approval or European CE approval is no guarantee the implant is safe as 4 sets trilucent soya, hydrogel, PIP and allergan textured silicone in me have all later been withdrawn as unsafe. I have had 7 breast surgeries and hope this fat transfer will be the final one on my breasts.
omg. my sympathies. You are doing the right thing going for FG instead of new implants. Are you nervous? The countdown has begun.

Countdown 321 GIF - Countdown 321 Timer GIFs

omg. my sympathies. You are doing the right thing going for FG instead of new implants. Are you nervous? The countdown has begun.

Countdown 321 GIF - Countdown 321 Timer GIFs
@Mazikeen you have been super supportive! Thank you very much. 6 days to go. I have bought my support bra and garment for my flanks which will cover my thighs in case he uses my thighs too while under. I shall take doxycycline which protects against postop infections and covid! I need to decide on a loose outfit that is dark in colour in case of any leakage from the lipo sites. I can line my bedsheets with dog wee pads! I have to be at the hospital 7:30 am as a day case. Not looking forward to GA. I will have to remind the anaesthetist to give me iv ondansetron so I don’t wake up and vomit incessantly like I did back in January 2019 at explant in Birmingham. Sigh. I note my BP even dropped to 55/30 intraop from a blood pressure of 100/62 (see my theatre record)! I could have died! That’s insanely low. Too much opiates in theatre? I took photos of my surgical notes while waiting for my July op for revision areolar mastopexy under local. I have already listed my latex allergy which should get me put first on the list. 3 days before surgery the hospital will arrange my covid swab test and then I self isolate. I hope David is a morning person! Today I weigh 98.2 lbs. It is a balance between losing weight for stubborn fat and not having enough fat at all for fat graft. I am averaging 0.4 lb weight loss per day from a mix of excitement, stress and strictly no snacking. Plus I think this actimel drink really does make one lose weight. It feels like I am pooing out any fat I eat. Lol.

Screenshot_20200816-150258_Gallery.jpg

Last edited: