How to get gum of suade?

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I recently bought a suade jacket, at the market and was so proud i haggled it down $30!!! lol but i was on the train the other day and some idiot stuck their gum on the back of the seat and I pushed my back on the big wad of gum i was sooo devo it was my 3rd time wearing the jacket! :crybaby: i went to the drycleanners and they asked $70 to clean it!!! its a friggin $110 jacket! thats almost 65% of the original price! i have no idea how to remove it and its all dried up!? help please!

2. freeze the gum and it should flake/pick off. or you can spray hairspray on it and get it off then. those 2 methods are the best known to work. try those first and let us know. :smile: good luck!

oh, and by 'freeze the gum' i meant you could get one of those airtight sealed cans of keyboard cleaner sprays and blast it with cold air, or you could literally put it in a bag and put it in the freezer.. i think hairspray works best though.

3. Yes, both the freeze and hairspray come to mind. Maybe a leatherstore could help you with tips?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice