How to deal with scratch on caviar?

Asscher

O.G.
Mar 17, 2008
Hi ladies,

I can't seem to close the button on the inner flap and hence never do so. But the button scratched the caviar leather as a result.

1. Is there any way to take out the scratch?

2. Is there an easy way to button inner flap?

TIA. :smile:

Sorry you have a scratch on your bag; think of it as a memory that also should relieve you from worrying about your bag, since it's now scratched.

1. No
2. Just leave it unbuttoned is the easiest.

Enjoy your lovely bag! :smile:

Sorry you have a scratch on your bag; think of it as a memory that also should relieve you from worrying about your bag, since it's now scratched.

1. No
2. Just leave it unbuttoned is the easiest.

Enjoy your lovely bag! :smile:

Thanks for responding, tutushopper. :smile: My concern is leaving the inner button unbuttoned causes it to scratch the bag always as the outer flap presses the inner flap (and button) on the bag. Do most people just allow the button to scratch the bag or make an indent mark on the bag?

Thanks for responding, tutushopper. :smile: My concern is leaving the inner button unbuttoned causes it to scratch the bag always as the outer flap presses the inner flap (and button) on the bag. Do most people just allow the button to scratch the bag or make an indent mark on the bag?

Yes, they actually do. I don't try to snap the button anymore; I did at first with my first double flap but just gave up. If you always snap it, you'll get an indent from that as well. You have to get to a point where you are wearing the bag instead of the other way 'round, and then you'll not find indents to be a big deal. :smile:

I've given up on the inner flap! I just leave it open.

1) You should be able to rub out a scratch. Use clean dry hands. If it really bothers you, take it in to a boutique and they can probably help refurbish it.

2) My SA said the inner flap was intended to be snapped with the purse facing you. Take your hand palm down and put your fingers slightly into the back pocket then pull the inner flap towards you until it snaps. I suppose Coco always did this with her purse in front of her not while worn on her shoulder? The inner flap was supposed to hide the contents of the purse so served a purpose at the time it was designed.

Yes, they actually do. I don't try to snap the button anymore; I did at first with my first double flap but just gave up. If you always snap it, you'll get an indent from that as well. You have to get to a point where you are wearing the bag instead of the other way 'round, and then you'll not find indents to be a big deal. :smile:

It's good to know how others are dealing with the inner button. I thought I'm the only weird one not buttoning it. I'll try and Google for images of indentation even with buttoning. Can't figure out how that can happen.

I've given up on the inner flap! I just leave it open.

1) You should be able to rub out a scratch. Use clean dry hands. If it really bothers you, take it in to a boutique and they can probably help refurbish it.

2) My SA said the inner flap was intended to be snapped with the purse facing you. Take your hand palm down and put your fingers slightly into the back pocket then pull the inner flap towards you until it snaps. I suppose Coco always did this with her purse in front of her not while worn on her shoulder? The inner flap was supposed to hide the contents of the purse so served a purpose at the time it was designed.

Thanks for sharing the right way to button it. :smile: It seems that I will most probably not be utilising that button since I usually have it on my shoulder and not in front of me.

It's good to know how others are dealing with the inner button. I thought I'm the only weird one not buttoning it. I'll try and Google for images of indentation even with buttoning. Can't figure out how that can happen.

The indent happens on the flap with the male end of the snap; right in the center. It's from being snapped all the time. I had one 2.55 that I used to snap and it did get that center indent from being snapped (like the snap from below the flap was "denting" the upper side of the flap). It's hard to describe. So know I just leave them open and don't worry about them. It's just one of those things that I don't need to worry me in my day. My bag contents are still hidden away until I lift the flap,l so it's still functioning, but I don't have to struggle with a snap each and every time I open or close my bag. :smile:

I don't bother with the snap either - find it too fiddly to be bothered with! I would try not to worry about the little scratch. Best not to keep inspecting the bag too closely or you spot other things to fret about - I really try to resist doing so :smile:

Last edited:
I don't button the interior flap either. I find its too much hassle to do so, and i actually risk 'hurting' the bag to force it to snap. I don't find the button scratches or indents my bag....what does indent my bag is the stupid zip on the flap!!! heheh xx

I never snap the inner flap closed: not when I wear the bag and not when I store the bag. I never had any scratches or indents so far, but if I would I would not worry too much about it since its on the inside where no one sees it. I would put a tiny bit of moisturizer on it to smooth the scratch and not worry about it.

I just got my lambskin flap bag and whether I close the inner flap or not, the zipper causes a indentation mark. The inner flap seems to be a pain to snap close so I'm not bothering with it. I wish the inner flap was a little more soft so it doesn't push back with so much force every time I open my bag and would be easier to snap shut if the need be. If there's any way to prevent the zipper indentation I'd love to know!

I just got my lambskin flap bag and whether I close the inner flap or not, the zipper causes a indentation mark. The inner flap seems to be a pain to snap close so I'm not bothering with it. I wish the inner flap was a little more soft so it doesn't push back with so much force every time I open my bag and would be easier to snap shut if the need be. If there's any way to prevent the zipper indentation I'd love to know!

You can put a piece of felt between the outer and flap, kind of tucking it in in the space at the back.

You can put a piece of felt between the outer and flap, kind of tucking it in in the space at the back.

Do you use the large piece of felt that came with the bag? That's what I'm doing right now but I really don't like it so much lol. It's like a big cloth tucked in over the flap(I know I'm being weird:smile:Wonder if we can cover just the zip up (little zip cover?)

Do you use the large piece of felt that came with the bag? That's what I'm doing right now but I really don't like it so much lol. It's like a big cloth tucked in over the flap(I know I'm being weird:smile:Wonder if we can cover just the zip up (little zip cover?)

No, I don't. I don't really mind the indent from the zipper, but if you do, just buy felt at any craft store in a color that is close to your bag, and cut the width to be the width of the opening of that back slit between the two flaps. Then slide the felt down a bit into that slit so that it won't come out, and make sure the length is enough to cover the zipper, then trim it down Voila, a permanent thing you can keep in the bag when you use it.