How to clean love bracelet or vca 5 motifs

Best to not unscrew and screw on your bracelet. Usually Cartier gives you a cleaning product but i dont know how harsh it will be on your skin as you are cleaning your love bracelet on your wrist. The cleaning product has a brush and cleaning spray. It does wonders.

For VCA you should look on youtube. Also if it is a precious stone best to consult VCA advisors as you may ruin the precious stone with what you are cleaning it with. Hope this helps.

You can use ultrasonic for your Love bracelet, however don’t use it often if there are diamonds. You can also use rubbing alcohol or soapy water to clean it.
As for VCA - specify what kind of stone. If it’s a MOP one, then you definitely can’t use alcohol or ultrasonic mentioned above. Ideally just use a soft cloth to clean it. If it’s very dirty you can use soapy water, but dry the bracelet immediately after.

Reactions: chanelever
This is a loaded question as these are 2 VERY different bracelets!

I don’t own VCA, but yes you can definitely put a Love in an ultrasonic. All my Loves have diamonds and they’re completely safe in an ultrasonic. I wash my diamond Loves occasionally, but my diamond JuC and small Love, along with the rest of my jewelry (diamond studs, pave Love ring, wedding ring with pave, etc….) every week in my ultrasonic. You can use a soft toothbrush to cleans by hand.

I have a mixture I love, I mix Mr Clean (no ammonia), glass cleaner (Windex) and Dawn dishwashing liquid… my jewelry sparkles like crazy.

Reactions: CartierLVer
There are some good answers here already :flowers:

It totally depends what gems are on the VCA. MOP really is an issue. If it's just gold you are fine. For the Love the ultrasonic baths are the best - forget the cleaning kits as they do not work well. I also do not take mine off and put my whole arm in the bath. Not sure if that's healthy but the only way I figured out how to clean those REG Loves. The SM Loves of course can be taken off and I am always surprised and even shocked to see how much dirt accumulates especially at the closure.

As stated above, lots of good techniques and answers given already although I would like to add, as some of my Loves are glued on with Loctite, I like to sometimes use a little Dawn and just rinse them with water at the sink.

How do you get into the edges of the vca motifs? I don't find the cloth cleans there so well

For the VCA motifs cleaning, I also use a Q-tip to get in between the motifs of my Sweet Clover as the cleaning cloths can’t do the job. It does seem like VCA items tend to accumulate more dust and dirt than Cartier items due to its intricate and elaborate designs.

Also, since I don’t wear any semi-precious stones, mine are all gold and diamonds, I also use Dawn on all my bracelets and wash them while showering or at a sink.

However, I believe you want to use Dawn sparely with diamonds I have read as it can loosen diamonds (this just goes to show how well Dawn works although this might be more a matter of the setting being secure, but I always keep this in mind anyway!).

I am unsure if everyone knows what Dawn is. Same with Q-tips.

They can google! LOL

Dawn - dishwashing liquid with no phosphates

But I like this article:

Last edited:
I am unsure if everyone knows what Dawn is. Same with Q-tips.
Good point ! Dawn is a good basic grease cutting dish washing liquid ( for the sink not dishwasher) and Q tips are cotton buds.

My 5 motif is a mixture of the gold guilloche and the carnelian, I worry about getting the carnelian wet so I will try damp q tips