How to begin selling

creature

Sep 1, 2006
I have bought alot on Ebay and now it is time to sell. Where is the best place to find out how to get the pictures on the site. (Recently purchased a digital camera and can barely use it). Also, the money situation... I understand from reading here that one should have a separate checking and credit card account?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The best place to start (imo) is sign up for auctiva, it is free and you can host your images there. You also get for free listing designer, more than one pic in auction, and supersized photos, all of wich ebay charges extra for.

Once I download my pics on my computer, I go through pick the best and save them to a flashdrive, then I go to auctiva and upload them onto the site. You just go to images and it will walk you through the rest.

Take lots of pics, write good descriptions.

You are responsible for getting the item to the buyer in the condition it is described....add insurance and DC in the cost of shipping, it protects you.

Items over $250 need to be shipped with signature confirmation.

If you are selling high end items ship only to confirmed paypal addresses or accept money order/bidpay for those who can't confirm.

I know there is more but it is 3am and my mind has just quit!

Good luck to you! I am sure you will do well.

I don't think you necessarily need to have separate accounts since you're new to selling, unless you're going to sell really high end items. You can just get your feet wet now.

When you do sell an item, remove the money from your paypal account immediately and put it in your attached bank account. That way paypal can't get hold of your funds in case someone does a chargeback or files a complaint.