"How to" attach keyrings to bags?

I found something that works great for me over the weekend. We were just wandering around downtown during the car show, and went into the local Ace Hardware. I had already looked at the dogleash clips they had, and they were all too big. On the way out, I noticed some of those little plastic candy jar type displays at the registers. In one of those, I found these tiny little s-biners that are absolutely perfect for attaching my Coach keyrings to my bags. I bought 2 packs of them (2 in each pack). They were only $2 per pair, so I figured they were worth a shot at that price. These little things are surprisingly strong, yet they're really easy to open.

Here's a link to them on the manufacturer's website:
http://www.niteize.com/collections/s-biner/products/s-biner-plastic-1

Mine are the #0 size, but I may end up getting some of the #2 size as well sometime. I think that only the #0 size comes in a pack of two; all the others appear to be singles.

I found something that works great for me over the weekend. We were just wandering around downtown during the car show, and went into the local Ace Hardware. I had already looked at the dogleash clips they had, and they were all too big. On the way out, I noticed some of those little plastic candy jar type displays at the registers. In one of those, I found these tiny little s-biners that are absolutely perfect for attaching my Coach keyrings to my bags. I bought 2 packs of them (2 in each pack). They were only $2 per pair, so I figured they were worth a shot at that price. These little things are surprisingly strong, yet they're really easy to open.

Here's a link to them on the manufacturer's website:
http://www.niteize.com/collections/s-biner/products/s-biner-plastic-1

Mine are the #0 size, but I may end up getting some of the #2 size as well sometime. I think that only the #0 size comes in a pack of two; all the others appear to be singles.
I was going to suggest Ace also. That is where I found all kinds of neat toggles and rings.

Okay so for those of you that are using the lobster claw trigger snaps, or bolt snaps... I understand that the part that has the hook that opens/closes you would attach to your bags hardware, etc. But what are you using to attach the actual fob to the bottom part of the snap? I really hope that made sense! A picture of how ones uses these would be helpful if anyone has one! :thinking:

im borderline sure that i'm just being ridiculous but i don't want to scratch the bag hardware when putting it on, nor do i want to distort the ring on the actual fob either. what's the easiest way to avoid either of these issues when putting a keyring onto a bag?

im borderline sure that i'm just being ridiculous but i don't want to scratch the bag hardware when putting it on, nor do i want to distort the ring on the actual fob either. what's the easiest way to avoid either of these issues when putting a keyring onto a bag?

if the fob has the run of the mill circular key holder, i just hang it off the chain that's holding the hang tags. i'll post a pic, brb.

SAM_0663.jpg

SAM_0662.jpg

I buy dog leash clasps to attach my fobs to my bags..I have found some on eBay..I usually buy some in different colors..Gold, Silver..etc.

LVoeShopping said:
I put mine on my bags. I have never put a big scratch on the hardware, you just need to go slow. I have not distorted the rings either. HTH : D

How do you even get the threads of the ring open enough to attach anything?

CDB3 said:
How do you even get the threads of the ring open enough to attach anything?

I've always pulled the beginning apart with my hands then used a pencil to help with the really tight ones. The HW on the Mama Sage's are too thick for a dog leash clip so I had no choice but to use a regular fob.

Even with these thick links there really isn't much as far as visible scratching.

Attachments

• image-4183544017.jpg
    image-4183544017.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 451
  • image-2886249696.jpg
    image-2886249696.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 451

It's not ridiculous. I don't want to damage the hardware on my bag or keyring and I want to make sure that the fob is securely attached to the bag.

I have a few silver and brass dogleash connectors - you can find them at hardware stores in a variety of sizes.

It's easy to thread the split ring of the key fob onto the dogleash clip and then attach it to the bag, see the pic below. It also makes it easy to move or change fobs.

Attachments

• PaprikaKaterinaDecorated001.jpg
    PaprikaKaterinaDecorated001.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 379