How Susceptible To Guilt Are You ?

Jan 23, 2006
These are my results.

You Can Be Made to Feel Some Guilt

You are prone to feelings of guilt, but not to an excessive degree. You've found that middle ground, where you actually have a conscience in social situations but you don't let it debilitate you. You have a clear sense of right and wrong, moral and amoral. You strike a balance between being practical and ethical. Congratulations!

How about you ? Take the test.

http://www.rateyourself.com/poll.cfm/Subject_ID/3/Poll_ID/4501

I don't even need to take the test... on a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate about a 19 for guilt (I was raised Jewish!) ;)

edited to say: I actually got the same rating as you did!

You are prone to feelings of guilt, but not to an excessive degree. You've found that middle ground, where you actually have a conscience in social situations but you don't let it debilitate you. You have a clear sense of right and wrong, moral and amoral. You strike a balance between being practical and ethical. Congratulations!

(For the charity question, what I wanted to answer was I'd ask them to send me something in the mail, because I don't do stuff like that over the phone.)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] You Can Be Made to Feel Some Guilt

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] You are prone to feelings of guilt, but not to an excessive degree. You've found that middle ground, where you actually have a conscience in social situations but you don't let it debilitate you. You have a clear sense of right and wrong, moral and amoral. You strike a balance between being practical and ethical. Congratulations!:Push: [/FONT]

This is mine: LOL..I'm not that mean I feel guilty every once in awhile for something I did.

You Don't Know the Meaning of Guilt

You are not very susceptible to feelings of guilt. The plus side of this attitude is that you are not easily taken advantage of, and you can fend off the manipulations of others. However, the possible down-side of your insusceptibility to guilt is that you might not be as motivated to do the morally correct thing in social situations as you should be. Sure, being prone to guilt can often be debilitating, but how can you possibly not offer your seat to the sweet old lady on the bus? You can do the moral and ethical thing without compromising your guilt-free attitude. It might even make you feel good.

Test results:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] You Can Be Made to Feel Some Guilt

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] You are prone to feelings of guilt, but not to an excessive degree. You've found that middle ground, where you actually have a conscience in social situations but you don't let it debilitate you. You have a clear sense of right and wrong, moral and amoral. You strike a balance between being practical and ethical. Congratulations! [/FONT]

YIKES! Who knew???

You let feelings of guilt take over your actions and thoughts, often to an excessive degree. No one can accuse you of being an uncaring or selfish person, however, you should be careful not to let your high guilt-complex debilitate you. Don't let those feelings of guilt allow people to take advantage of you. It's okay to say no to a favor, and to do something that's convenient for you. You deserve it!
:sad:

all because I'd let some old lady have my seat on a bus?:lol:

*Very interesting and accurate too.

Same results as most of you:

I didn't like the choices on a lot of those, especially the one about the homeless guy rumaging through the trash. Of all the choices, I picked walk past him, not because I'm a selfish little git but because you really never know what someone's story is. Heck, the guy could have been a millionaire, accidently tossed his wallet in the trash and was trying to get it! Or the other extreme: some lunatic waiting to rob the first good Samaritan that offered their leftover dinner. :wtf:

With the old lady, that had nothing to do with guilt. It's just common courtesy to be respectful and considerate of elderly people in that situation!