Workplace How old were you when you got your first ever paying job?

How old were you when you got your first ever paying job?

• 15 or under

• 16-18

• 19-21

• 22-24

• 25 or over

Results are only viewable after voting.
13 - our middle school recruited students to work during lunch at the "snack bar" (basically selling cookies, pizza, drinks and chips), we were paid for 20-25 minutes a day at minimum wage. I think the program ran into a bit of trouble though, and they stopped getting students to work the snack bar shortly after I left middle school.

My first "real" job was at Target when I was 18. I worked summers during college.

I think I was about 13 when I had a paper round..although most of the time my mum did it for me and kept the money because I couldnt be bothered to get up.

My first proper job was at 15 working in a swimming pool cafe and I worked part time in various jobs from then up until getting an official full time job after uni 2 years ago.

My real first job was selling ice cream at the Sydney Olympics in 2000!

It seemed just like yesterday when I applied with my friends. I made a lot of new friends and got paid pretty well too! ~$11p/h, ~$16 for overtime and I pretty much worked overtime until 1am every night.

I was 16 and my first job was at Express, making $8 an hour. I applied 2 weeks after I turned 16. It was terrible because I had to stay until 12 midnight-1AM on weekdays/weeknights when I had school the next morning... :tdown: