How old is too old

How old is too old for a Chanel bag to be before you would consider it too old to buy?

I’m considering a Petite Shopping Tote with a date of 2006. Is this so old that it might not hold up that well?

Traditionally luxury products (at least if they’re not purely decorative) are high-quality and made to last, so I have no problem buying older items, and I just go by the condition as advertised. If you go by what folks in the Chanel forums are saying, the older bags are actually better made.

I say this as someone who collects vintage clothing as old as the ‘30s and has a Chanel bag from 2003 or 2004 (and still looks amazing).

Reactions: Lejic
If the original owner(s) rotated its use, took care of it and stored it properly so that the condition is still good, you can still get a lot of mileage out of it. I have a Beige PST and it’s still in really great condition but I didn’t use it for long stretches of time. Plus I stored it stuffed and on its side. The ghw is still shiny and hasn’t flaked/rubbed off. I agree that the older Chanel bags are better in terms of quality.

Reactions: SakuraSakura
Disclaimer: I’ve never purchased an older Chanel bag.

That being said, it would definitely not be based on age, but rather on the condition of the piece. The age is not even a consideration in my mind. I have an LV bag I purchased 5 years ago. I’ve never taken it out of the dust bag. Never. It’s never been worn. It doesn’t even have patina on handles. If I came across it resale market, I would not hesitate! Good luck!

Just open it. Ive been opening all of my deliveries and mail same day since March and I’m not dead yet :nuts:

Just stumbled upon this excellent thread!
After listening to Dr Oz & Jerome Adams, MD, Surgeon General of the US many, many times, we now have a "border" around our homes <nothing inside unless it has been disinfected prior>
Extra work, but safe :smile:

OT: Cannot wait to see your "new" Chanel bag from 2006!