How much would you pay over MSRP for a discontinued bag?

If it is in new condition, then I'd be willing to pay $100-300 more. If used and shows signs of wear...then I'd only buy it if it were retail or less.

I agree with the girls - totally what kind of bag? and condition?

I had the opposite happen to us at the store last weekend. This girl brings in a Manhattan GM...and says she paid $200.00 and yeah of course, I am thinking...umm, but anyway! LOL... (It wasn't real of course.)

^Hahaha, emberassing! I would rather be dead than to carry a fake in the LV store.

Back on topic, if I want the bag bad enough, it is in excellent condition and I have the funds, I'm willing to pay quite a lot. Although cheap is also nice :P

I bought a discontinued bag on ebay (an LV) and while at the time it didn't seem to be that much, I had remorse after the fact.

I think if you haven't seen what you are looking for and it shows up, as long as it is in good condition by your standards then go for it. I have to say I have really been good in not buying items that are a bit off the deep end price wise. Again, it would depend how badly I had to have it!

What item are you looking for?

I usually prefer my bags to be in the best condition as possible... even if there's light, honey patina (I prefer light patina than dark or brand new w/ no patina), I would prefer that the bag is clean and in excellent condition, especially for discontinued items.

So... the most I would pay is around $300-400 above, and if I can't find what I'm looking for at the price I'm willing to pay, then I just keep on searching.

I really wouldn't pay much, maybe $100 or so, it's really not my thing though.....I try to get everything I really want while it's available, and I can always find new LV that I like, so if I miss out on something I just try to get something else instead....sorry not much help.....