How Much $$$ Would You Be A Surrogate Mother For ?

i don't think i'd do it either unless if it was for like a sister (which I don't have anyways).. however, I've thought about donating my eggs but quickly discarded that idea too.. although the amount some couples pay are quite tempting... however, FINAL decision is a "NO" i could never grow another person's baby inside me nor could i live my life knowing that there is a child out there that is mine.

caannie said:
How much money would you be a surrogate mother for ?
I couldn't do it (see next question)

Would you ever consider being a surrogate mother ?

No. I think it is extremely noble for a woman to surrogate for another, but I know once I had a child growing inside me I could never give that child up, no matter what. So it just isn't something I could do.

Exactly my problem. I would be eternally grateful for a surrogate mother if I wasn't able to get pregnant when I want kids. However, I know that if I had to have a baby growing inside me, feel it kick, and then give birth to it, I wouldn't be able to give it up, I would be too attached.

Even if I wanted to be a surrogate, I could not be for medical reasons. I am not able to have anymore children. I do have one perfect son and he is all that I need!

When I received my diagnosis and found out that having more children was just not possible, my little sister told me that if I ever decided I wanted another child to let her know. She would be my surrogate in a heartbeat, but not for anyone else.

I have considered being an egg donor, though.:yes:

I would not be able to do it. Even for my own sister. I have two children of my own. Pregnancy was awful, and the only thing that got me through it was knowing I would have something amazing at the end of it.
I think it would actually be worse to have one for a close member of your family. I would personally have a lot to say about the way they were bought up, as I would feel that I have bought this child into the world.

I applaud people that can almost seperate their body from their mind and heart, but I know for sure I would not do it for all the money in the world.

No amount of money for me. I gave birth to 2 babies over 9lbs:wtf: I don't think I could do it physically again and its too hard for me personally to seperate the idea that its NOT my baby. I too applaud the women that can seperate the fact that what is growing inside of them is not theirs.

I would but only for someone I'm comfortable with in that situation. No charge at all. My cousin might not be able to carry a child because she had cancer twice already in her breasts and it could occur anywhere else her doctor said. In that situation, I'd do it for her.

Japster said:
I would do it for free.

However, my body reacts horribley to pregnancy (hyperemesis gravidarum) and I just had one of my tubes removed because of an ectopic pregnancy. I'm probably not the ideal candidate. :lol:

Hey, I had an ectopic too! Was that not super fun?:rant:

Hey, I had an ectopic too! Was that not super fun?:rant:

When was yours? Did they go in laparscopically to remove it? Mine was in April. I actually didn't even know I was pregnant but my dh forced me to go to the ER because I was in so much pain and was bleeding really bad. I hope you're doing okay since yours.

Japster said:
When was yours? Did they go in laparscopically to remove it? Mine was in April. I actually didn't even know I was pregnant but my dh forced me to go to the ER because I was in so much pain and was bleeding really bad. I hope you're doing okay since yours.

Mine was like 9 years ago. I was on business travel, and giving a presentation. I started having really bad pain right after my presentation and just thought it was some strange thing. So, like a jackass I flew home and got real sick within 12 hours, as of course the tube had burst:rant: and I had peritonitis. I had emergency surgery and am OK.

Irishgal said:
Mine was like 9 years ago. I was on business travel, and giving a presentation. I started having really bad pain right after my presentation and just thought it was some strange thing. So, like a jackass I flew home and got real sick within 12 hours, as of course the tube had burst:rant: and I had peritonitis. I had emergency surgery and am OK.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you're okay though!

Prada's Meadow said:
How much money would you be a surrogate mother for ?

I'd do it for very little, maybe just medical expenses.

Would you ever consider being a surrogate mother ?
Absolutely! Although I'll never be one. I feel you need your DH's support and DH doesn't feel the same way I do.
I ADORED being pregnant, if DH was all over it, I'd be all over it!

What are your personal opinions on surrogacy ?
I think it's noble and beyond generous.:tender:

I think it's totally noble and generous but I, myself, could NEVER do it for several reasons:

1. I'm pain-phobic. I'm so scared of the whole childbirth process that I think if I ever get married and want kids, I will try to hire a surrogate just to avoid it! I've always been terrified of the whole idea.

2. I'm a little obsessive about my weight -- all that gaining would freak me out.

3. I'm quite the emotional basketcase, lol, so am sure I would get really attached to the baby and have a total breakdown when I had to give it up (unless it was to my own family, but nonetheless, see reasons 1 and 2 for why I'd never do it even for a family member:smile:

Of course, that said, all the pain, fat, and mental breakdown might be worth, say, twenty MILLION dollars or something like that, lol.

But I totally admire those willing to do it!