How much effort would you put into getting LV with MIF tag?

I actually don't mind. If there's a bag you like that's made in Spain/USA and those are the only ones, will you not buy it?
I understand people wanna associate LV with France but that's not to say the ones from France are flawless either. So I'd get any bag I like from anywhere LV is made as long as the quality isn't lacking.

This is exactly how I feel - it certainly doesn't seem logical to go out of my way to try to get a MIF piece in a particular style if there's a MIU piece that is identical in all senses except for the cloth tag, which even then is usually placed in a relatively innocuous location.

Also, this is a bit off topic, but for those looking only for MIF pieces, beware that it's possible SA's don't know if they do or do not have a particular item in a MIF stocked. It's not like it's a color option, and I don't think their computer system shows the details to this degree. Also, Louis Vuitton has noticed the MIF preference over MIU bags and its negative impact on sales, so as a result they've told SA's to try and defuse situations when the subject is brought up. It's very possible that they're just not willing to search through perfectly good merchandise in order to select a MIF piece for you, though if you have a good relationship with an SA they'd most likely do so for you.

Good luck & take care!

Everyone keeps talking about the cloth tag, but what about MIF items with a cloth tag? (the date code) or are we only talking about the made in USA tag? I don't think I would ever notice the tag because I use a purse organizer. :smile: I"m tempted to go to the store to look at a few bags and if there are two one made in France and one made in USA and see if I can tell the difference. (I do have both of different styles and I don't see any difference)