How much does Mulberry charge......

flyvetjo

Jo
O.G.
Jan 24, 2007
to re-ink handles? The central area of the handles of my new choc phoebe feel a bit 'tacky' where they have worn slightly. just wondered if anyone has paid for re-inking and how much it cost? I e-mailed mulberry and they said to send the bag in and they would phone with a quote but if it's silly money i won't bother sending it in.
Thanks!

Jo, t's a small job so I wouldn't think it would cost very much at all. My oak Phoebe needed the flap of leather underneath the internal magnetic catches to be re-glued and they quoted me £20 for that.

No, I had to send it in.

They had it for weeks and when I finally rang up to find out when it was going to be sent back they said they already had and someone had accepted it from UPS! Turns out they sent it to no. 23 instead of 34 (HOW??!!!) and I practically stalked my neighbours until they got home so I could have my bag. Thank god they didn't open it and sell it!

After all that hassle, I got home, opened the box and found that Mulberry hadn't repaired it at all! :cursing:

They were very good though and arranged for UPS to collect it again, repaired it for free and sent it back - this time to the right address!!!

So, as you might imagine, I'm not a huge fan of their service. If the inking is really bugging you, then I'd send it in.