how michael kors just lost themselves a customer

I never bought an MK bag before, but if I were you, I would write to a CEO and let them know you are returning the handbag and are very displeased! It shouldn't come to that, where you have to put something in writing but that is very unfortunate! An SA that behaves that way should be fired on the spot. Rule of thumb, customer is always right with some exceptions. However, a bag that is 24 hours old and gets destroyed is unacceptable!

I agree!

wow that really sucks. that actually happened to me too, but with a burberry bag within 2 days. There's no way I ever look at Burberry the same way again. You would think a designer brand with such reputation would be better at highering people with more class and stop making bags with such poor quality!

but you should really call your CC company instead and tell them what happened!

gabz, I would call your CC company, and get in touch with someone higher up on the chain...I am astounded at the reaction of the local manager and the CS person from MK. :wtf:

I would also strongly suggest reporting the shop to the local branch of the Better Business Bureau, if you that organization exists in Canada. (You can do this online). I have done this before and let the store know that I was going to do it and that made a difference, trust me.

I can completely understand why you wouldn't buy another bag from this brand ever again, let alone that shop!

I've had MK bags and the only trouble I had was some threads came loose on one. I took it back to Nordstrom and they gave me a refund. (that was a couple of years ago when their return policy was no repairs only refund or exchange). But that was after using the bag for quite a while. Maybe the issue with your bags was the patent leather or metallic. But it still should not happen. Was it an outlet store? If so, even though it's not OK, I wouldn't be surprised.
As far as your bag being too old in three months--that doesn't seem reasonable.
Good luck pursuing this. I don't blame you for not wanting to buy any more MK bags.

well i called corporate again to c if anyone could locate my purchase in the system. they are still working on it

but i thought i would try to post pics of the damage. u cant really c it clearly bc i had ot lower the resolution ot make it fit (it is towards the middlw of the right hand side going down) has anyone had experience with leather like this splitting? would you be mad?

thanks for the support everyone!

Attachments

• P2150364.JPG
    P2150364.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 543
I'd be mad based on the short time you owned the bag before it started to split. Metallics are notoriously fragile, but this is ridiculous.

I can't really see the damage in the pic but I'll trust you that it's there.

I own a business and the customer deserves to be satisfied within reason. If I suspect a customer won't be satisfied with a replacement, I give them a refund and tell them 'because of your high standards, I suggest you shop elsewhere' which gets the message across in a very nice way. There are two or three customers I've had to outright ban (out of about 15,000) and that was because they were defauding the company.

Long winded answer, but I think you are within your rights here. I think your CC company is the best place to go.

Well cs was supposed to call me monday w resolution I called when I didn't hear from her and she said she was busy and would call me tues I called at lunch today and left a message corporate just wants to let this drop so I won't waste any more time just gonna throw away the bag and move on

so CS called me a couple hrs ago finally. thr girl said she had seen photos and reread my email and is pls to either offer me credit or a refund i explained i will go to the store for a refund bc of the way i was treated. she apologized for that and indicated she will address it w the manager. the tune was completely different today. i am please they r resolving this for me but i still would not shop in that managers store. when i indicated i had a lot of bags and none had ever done this she said well our competitors dont use real leather which can crack. i explained that most of my bags are leather. but anyways at least it is done! thanks for everyones support!

Late to this thread but wow, what an experience. Glad things worked out for you. It will be interesting to see what happens if you run into your manager while getting a refund.

So glad to hear things worked out for you! I totally agree with you about the quality. I bought a Michael Kors bag 3-4 years ago. After carrying it off and on for just a few months, I noticed the leather was cracking and the bag had totally lost its shape -- not what you'd expect from a $350 bag! I ended up selling it at a consignment store. That was my first and last MK handbag purchase.