How long will MK least?!

beautycase

- selling soul for bags
Mar 18, 2017
Hello everyone!

I just like to discuss a little, so correct me if a theard like this already exist.

So my story:
I bought in the year 2015 two beautiful MK Bags, the Price was not that cheap. But the quality is really good, I don't have any problems. But I didn't wear them right now. So I started to sell them. Now the problem. Even if the price is more like almost 50% reduced then the new Price, I can't find someone to buy them!:sad:

I also read that MK is not anymore that "brand" with the boom like in 2013-2015.
So what are you thinking about this?

Hello everyone!

I just like to discuss a little, so correct me if a theard like this already exist.

So my story:
I bought in the year 2015 two beautiful MK Bags, the Price was not that cheap. But the quality is really good, I don't have any problems. But I didn't wear them right now. So I started to sell them. Now the problem. Even if the price is more like almost 50% reduced then the new Price, I can't find someone to buy them!:sad:

I also read that MK is not anymore that "brand" with the boom like in 2013-2015.
So what are you thinking about this?

I think the resale value of MK bags depends a lot on the style... but for me, the biggest problem with the resale value is that at the end of the season they discount their bags a lot, so for some people, there is no point in buying a second hand bag unless the discount is really massive...especially when it is an older style. As for the brand, I don't know anything about it. :sad:

I think the resale value of MK bags depends a lot on the style... but for me, the biggest problem with the resale value is that at the end of the season they discount their bags a lot, so for some people, there is no point in buying a second hand bag unless the discount is really massive...especially when it is an older style. As for the brand, I don't know anything about it. :sad:

The Bags are the MK Hamilton so they are pretty classic, also with invoice etc. but It seems like MK will not longer be the brand of the hearts :sad:

I have the same problem. You have to reduced the price to almost what you paid on taxes for people to buy the bags. so decided to keep my bags and enjoy them. I don't want to sell my $300 bag for $50! However, you may have that one bag that collectors are seeking and the might pay a decent price for it. Good luck!

I have the same problem. You have to reduced the price to almost what you paid on taxes for people to buy the bags. so decided to keep my bags and enjoy them. I don't want to sell my $300 bag for $50! However, you may have that one bag that collectors are seeking and the might pay a decent price for it. Good luck!

That is so true!!! The original Price was 360€, I paid 250€ and now I tried to sell them for around 130-150€ what is really not much for the condition. I don't know but some people spent (I know it is diffrent) for a LV Bag which is used almost the new Price. Maybe I will just sell one and let the another one just in my closet an wear her sometimes :huh:

What colors are you hamiltons? Is it the north and south one? Yes lol I bought a very old Gucci bag and paid too much for it. It's falling apart and I kick myself for buying it!

These two beauties:
IMG_2098.JPG
IMG_2104.JPG

I bought both in Germany, one on Fashionette.de another one in an outlet here in germany, both for the price of 250€ :sad:
And that case with the Gucci bag, I know how that feels!:biggrin:

These two beauties:
View attachment 3676480
View attachment 3676482

I bought both in Germany, one on Fashionette.de another one in an outlet here in germany, both for the price of 250€ :sad:
And that case with the Gucci bag, I know how that feels!:biggrin:
Those are very classic colors and they are not big bags. The pearl grey is my favorite, but I have the bigger version. If you can't sell them I can see you using them because they are not too big and the colors are really neutral. I think your pearl grey might sell because it's a popular color and this smaller hamilton style is still popular.

Reactions: beautycase
Those are very classic colors and they are not big bags. The pearl grey is my favorite, but I have the bigger version. If you can't sell them I can see you using them because they are not too big and the colors are really neutral. I think your pearl grey might sell because it's a popular color and this smaller hamilton style is still popular.
That's really true!! I might just sell the grey and let the black one in my collection since I don't have any other black bags! Thank you for you kind answer!:heart:

Reactions: Nan246
I had the black one and I sold it for a very good price, but I bought it also for a good price from the shop (sale price). MK's do not retain that much value because of the sales. LV's never go on sale and that helps the resale value. For example. A MK cost $400 but you can get it for $200 if you just wait a bit. While a LV bag you get for $2400 but in a year from now it costs $2500...

Also, MKs from outlet are harder to sell than MKs from the boutique, at least that has been my experience.

I had the black one and I sold it for a very good price, but I bought it also for a good price from the shop (sale price). MK's do not retain that much value because of the sales. LV's never go on sale and that helps the resale value. For example. A MK cost $400 but you can get it for $200 if you just wait a bit. While a LV bag you get for $2400 but in a year from now it costs $2500...

Also, MKs from outlet are harder to sell than MKs from the boutique, at least that has been my experience.
Yes that's true!!! The grey one is not from an outlet is a regular one. So I don't know why i am Little upset cause we think we made a good deal with the outlet, but it is not worth it. I paid 250€ for the black one and tried to sell it for 50% cheaper but it is too hard :sad:
I know now I will not shop @ any outlet anymore!!:sad:

Reactions: reginaPhalange