How long does Hermes keep tableware patterns in before they're discontinued?

Saaski

Feb 25, 2020
I have not yet started shopping at Hermes, as my state doesn't have a boutique, though one is (hopefully) opening up in a few months. I enjoy the bags of course and would love a Kelly one day, but I think H scarves and tableware are beautiful. I really like the current passifolia line and would love to own some pieces from it. I don't mind having patience and waiting, but not if there's a chance of it being discontinued soon! Do you think it's worth chancing the wait of the store opening to try to shop with an SA, or just buy online when I can?

That's a very good question.
Passifolia is such a new design that I, too, hope that it will be in production for the forseeable future.
Nonetheless, if you want some pieces that are available on line, as with all things Hermes - buy when you can.

Since Passifolia was only introduced in 2020, I’d imagine it to be around for a little while. It’s a very popular pattern and production is behind.
In addition to Hermès.com, there are other authorized dealers that sell some Hermès patterns and you may be able to pick up some discontinued pieces there as well should the need arrive.

That's a very good question.
Passifolia is such a new design that I, too, hope that it will be in production for the forseeable future.
Nonetheless, if you want some pieces that are available on line, as with all things Hermes - buy when you can.

Since Passifolia was only introduced in 2020, I’d imagine it to be around for a little while. It’s a very popular pattern and production is behind.
In addition to Hermès.com, there are other authorized dealers that sell some Hermès patterns and you may be able to pick up some discontinued pieces there as well should the need arrive.

Thank you both for your replies! It's good to know that I might be able to pick up pieces in the event the pattern is discontinued. And I definitely understand "but while you can" when it comes to these brands!

Reactions: marzipanchen
The discontinuation of an H tableware pattern depends on the popularity. For a popular design they may keep it for 20 years but if the design is not selling they discontinue it 3-4 years after launch. The Passifolia seems to be very hot worldwide and it's just launched in 2020, it is a high chance of being a long running design.

Does anyone have insight to Bleus D'ailleurs dinnerware? My SA HAS NOT received word that it is discontinued but none seems to be available. Was production halted due to covid and other dinnerware backlogs? My DH broke a coffee cup today and I need to add some other pieces and I'm a bit freaked...:confused1:

Last edited:
Does anyone have insight to Bleus D'ailleurs dinnerware? My SA HAS NOT received word that it is discontinued but none seems to be available... My DH broke a coffee cup today and I need to add some other pieces and I'm a bit freaked...:confused1:
My SA believes its in production, but supply chain is Really problematic, so wait times are long

Reactions: 336
Does anyone have insight to Bleus D'ailleurs dinnerware? My SA HAS NOT received word that it is discontinued but none seems to be available... My DH broke a coffee cup today and I need to add some other pieces and I'm a bit freaked...:confused1:

I collect this pattern, too. My store told me it was paused, supply issues with sourcing the cobalt component that they use for the blue parts and they had identified how to replicate it with a different material quite closely. The ETA they had from corporate at the time (this was a few months ago) was 2023 for reintroduction but you know what that means in H speak lol

I had attempted to place an order mid-last year for another service for 4 + some serving pieces, my store gathered as much as they could but then called to let me know late in January that I'd have to wait until reintroduction but the order still stays in the system for sourcing.

My SA believes its in production, but supply chain is Really problematic, so wait times are long
I collect this pattern, too. My store told me it was paused, supply issues with sourcing the cobalt component that they use for the blue parts and they had identified how to replicate it with a different material quite closely. The ETA they had from corporate at the time (this was a few months ago) was 2023 for reintroduction but you know what that means in H speak lol

I had attempted to place an order mid-last year for another service for 4 + some serving pieces, my store gathered as much as they could but then called to let me know late in January that I'd have to wait until reintroduction but the order still stays in the system for sourcing.

Thank you, I was hoping that would be the case. I'll ask my SA to put on order in as well.

Reactions: 880
Thank you, I was hoping that would be the case. I'll ask my SA to put on order in as well.

Unfortunately my SA told me last month that they will no longer receive any tableware shipments from Bleus D'ailleurs collection . And they will sell only what they have in stock and can't order anything. What I understood was that it was discontinued because they will launch Soleil d’Hermès sometime this year or next year .

Unfortunately my SA told me last month that they will no longer receive any tableware shipments from Bleus D'ailleurs collection . And they will sell only what they have in stock and can't order anything. What I understood was that it was discontinued because they will launch Soleil d’Hermès sometime this year or next year .
Regardless, all I can do is wait and request. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: 880