How long do your shoes last?

mocha beans

Jul 21, 2008
So my fiance and I have been getting into discussions about me starting a designer shoe collection. He says it's pointless to spend as much as they cost because they'll just wear out in a year or two and I'll be buying new ones all the time. I keep telling him that they'll last many years if properly cared for, but he still isn't convinced.

So, how long do your shoes last you, and how often do you wear them? Are they still in good looking condition, or do they definately look worn?

I have had shoes that have worn out in a year or two, but I should've topy-soled them (ie. put in a protective sole). On the other hand, my less worn shoes are still good :tup: It depends on how often you wear them and how you take care of them (I don't really take care of mine, as in clean, stuff with tissue, etc...).

Adding that extra sole DEFINITELY extends the life-span of the shoe ;)

It also depends on if you walk alot. Like if you live in a big city and walk everywhere, your shoes could definitely use a reinforcement sole. If not, they won't last long. ALso, try to rotate how often you wear shoes because if you wear shoes 2 days in a row that can also break down the material.

Adding that extra sole DEFINITELY extends the life-span of the shoe ;)

Yep:yes:, it sure does, especially with loubs, the sole tends to wear pretty quickly. My shoes, last me quite a while, however I baby them, and store them properly. Plus, if your starting a collection, then you'll have more options, and the shoes will last longer because they aren't worn as much

I have some shoes that are 10 years old. But I only wear them in summer months. If you take care of them and wear them... everyday or week. You can still get a few years out of a good pair of shoes.