How long do you wait before you pay?

1. I've been selling items on eBay for about a year and usually don't have any issues, butit seems like lately, I've been getting more people who don't pay in the first week and when I send them a friendly reminder, I don't hear anything ....when I win an auction, I'm usually so excited that I pay immediately....maybe I should be more patient:yes:

2. Yeah I just sold an item on eBay, it's been a day and they haven't paid yet. I'm super impatient though.

3. I think the latest I've paid was the next day but that was because I was away when the auction ended. I'm usually so excited when I win an auction that I pay right away.

4. You should put a time frame in your auctions of when you require payment by. If not, you will leave npb and relist.

5. I've never left negative feedback because I am afraid that I will get a retaliation one in return and I've hard to maintain my 100%. I do say to pay within 7 days of auction close...but I guess that it means something else to others...

6. I usually the pay as soon as the auction ends. Unless I am not home when it does-then the latest I will pay would be the day after it ends.

7. I'm impatient. I love it when buyers pay right away. On all my auctions I say payment is due within 5 days. This past week I had to remind someone that payment was due after 6 days. Finally, she paid on the 7th day with an echeck and now I have to wait another 4 days for it to clear. And it was only an $8 item! But I too worry about blemishing my 100% positive feedback.

I've also noticed lately that my items don't sell as quickly as in previous years. It used to be that I would sell everything the first time. Now I sometimes have to list items 2 and 3 times before they sell. I think eBay is saturated!

8. I always pay asap--if using paypal, I pay almost immediately after the auction ends. If other methods, I try to finish it off at the very latest, the day after (send out a money order, bank wire, etc.).

9. I pay as soon as I am notified. I know that I would want the same if I had any auctions.

10. i usually pay within the first week also. I try to make it within the first 3 days.

11. They must pay immediately.. Otherwise, I inform eBay after 10 days.

12. I always pay immediately, if I don't I could forget.

13. i pay immediately after an auction!!!

14. I always pay immediately too!!

15. I always pay immediately. I don't think I've ever waited more than a few hours, and even then it was just because I wasn't home at the time the auction ended. I use the retail store analogy - I wouldn't bring something to the counter in a shop, tell the SA I intended to buy it, come back a week later to pay...and expect my purchase to still be there.

It makes me insane when people don't pay for a week, so my auctions usually specify that it needs to be within 48 hours.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice