how long do you think the chanel 19 will stay relevant?

I tried consigning my 19 large tweed on fashionphile but they rejected it saying they have too many so they’re not looking to add any more to their inventory. I do think the bag is waning in popularity..
I do love the ease of the 19. The flap, back pocket, and slouchy shape does make it a relatively useful bag. However. it does tend to get heavy which is why I want to sell it.
All my other Chanel’s are black so my tweed 19 was my “fun” choice
Yes I counted about 140 Chanel 19s currently on their site. If we think that’s a lot, they have about 380 Birkins on their site for sale. Geez!

Reactions: raradarling
Unfortunately I have to agree in that I do believe that Chanel 19 is becoming less and less popular with each season. I was always aware that it was a trendy bag with large puffy quilts and chunky chain handle. Chanel 22 has definitely pushed the 19 out of the trendy spotlight. I do believe the 22 will be replaced as well with the next major release. It’s always wise to buy what is convenient to use and not chase the trends because they are becoming way too transient even for Chanel.

I’m of the mind that Chanel is Chanel, no matter what the style of bag, and whether or not it has It bag status. Chanel will always be cool, classy and amazing. However, the 19 has definitely lost its popularity and been replaced by the 22.

I’m trying to get rid of my 19 and there has not been any interest compared to other Chanel bags I’ve sold previously, even the Boy. I was going to replace my 19 with the 22 but I know that the 22 will go the same way. I actually think the 22 will die a harder death than the 19 because it’s such a diversion from the classic shape, whereas the 19 still has elements of the classic flap.

I’m of the mind that Chanel is Chanel, no matter what the style of bag, and whether or not it has It bag status. Chanel will always be cool, classy and amazing. However, the 19 has definitely lost its popularity and been replaced by the 22.

I’m trying to get rid of my 19 and there has not been any interest compared to other Chanel bags I’ve sold previously, even the Boy. I was going to replace my 19 with the 22 but I know that the 22 will go the same way. I actually think the 22 will die a harder death than the 19 because it’s such a diversion from the classic shape, whereas the 19 still has elements of the classic flap.
Wow. No interest at all in 19 from potential buyers. I agree with you that the prime at the 19 has passed and now only hard core fans will keep buying. What color is your 19? I hope that you will be able to pass it on to a good loving home as it is a good functional bag for some. I’m definitely not partying with my 19 yet. But I do not use it lately as I use my two 22. The style is extremely functional and comfortable for my need. Would love to get one more 22 in small size grey with silver HW.

Wow. No interest at all in 19 from potential buyers. I agree with you that the prime at the 19 has passed and now only hard core fans will keep buying. What color is your 19? I hope that you will be able to pass it on to a good loving home as it is a good functional bag for some. I’m definitely not partying with my 19 yet. But I do not use it lately as I use my two 22. The style is extremely functional and comfortable for my need. Would love to get one more 22 in small size grey with silver HW.
I know, I’m amazed. I sold my Boy pretty easily several years after the hype had died down and still got a good price. I’m surprised that my 19 hasn’t attracted any attention, I thought it was still fairly popular. Mine is black goatskin.

I’m glad you enjoy your 22 bags. I love the 22!

Hi. I used to love my c19, but 22 is what I’ve been reaching for. It’s definitely hands down my most used, and favorite bag for daily go to. Will something else come along later and take its spot? Maybe, probably. Though, I (sadly) it won’t be my c19. I may sell it, and get another 22 (I saw an grey ombre that stole my heart). I don’t know if I’d say c19s are “dated” per se. The 22s are newer; and I like new things? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: ItsLuxeDarling