how long do you think the chanel 19 will stay relevant?

i completely understand people saying trend shouldnt determine my choices but if a bag looks very dated in 5+ years i know i wont want to use it and thats just me being honest :lol: i think this is a reason why people invest in classic bags not just from chanel but from other brands too because they know they are timeless pieces. I am not prepared to pay boutique prices for the 19 so I’ll probably look out for one on the preloved market in pristine condition early next year as long as it’s something i still want. I wont be rushing to pull the trigger on this piece.
I dont mind it slouching but i think its quite obvious when a bag has been continuously over stuffed and this is something ill be avoiding. :biggrin:

I have 19 and I have classic too. I have boy, I have gabrielle, I have reissue and last month I just add 22 and vanity case in my collection. I have uploaded my collection picture somewhere on the forum. Honestly, I don’t care about the hype. I bought bags because I like it, not because of the trend. So before you make decision, just think which bag you like the most and suit your style. Don’t worry about trend/hype. Chanel is too expensive for using as short term/temporary.
I know coco handle is one of the favorite, but I am trying to sell my coco handle. As much as I like this style, I just feel the bag doesn’t suit my casual style. :biggrin:

I agree - it depends on your style but in my opinion it’s already dated and I would personally prefer to invest in a classic flap. It fine to buy whatever you like the look of but a few years down the line it will highly likely look dated and will not retain its value. As much as Chanel likes to call bags like the 19 and the boy classics, IMO I just don’t think they are truly timeless like the classic flap or reissue.

I am concerned about the structural integrity, rather than the style of the bag. Interested to see how a 7-10 year old bag will look like :hrmm:
IMHO I think keeping your bag with the structure you desire depends only on how you wear and care for it, that’s just my opinion because that is the way I am with some of my bags, funny enough I am not with my C19.

considering a chanel 19 in the small size but wondering if this is something id easily fall out of love with.
I chose my first classic flap over the 19 last year then added a mini and a woc.
I said id never add another classic flap at these prices but im now about to add another.
I've been looking on preloved sites a lot recently and the 19 has actually been the bag turning my head the most. I can't stop thinking about it but I've already noticed its not quite as popular as it once was and im worried that if it looses popularity it will also make me fall out of love with it. I know I shouldn't think like this but I have to be honest with myself as its happened in the past.
As im buying a classic flap, chances are by the time I can purchase another bag there could have been a price increase so im more than likely going to be paying over £6,000 in the uk.
do you think the 19 is here to stay and worth current price/another price increase?
or am I just having a moment that is likely going to lead to an impulse purchase that I may later regret?
all my bags are black so the 19 would be a fun pop of colour or a tweed.

tia x
I think popularity depends on the country, I actually watch a lot of YouTube channels of what people wear in other parts of the world as much as some popular cities and States in US, and I see a lot of ppl still enjoying the C19. I believe that because this was KL’s last creation, it will remain as one of the classics in chanel.
Personally, I don’t care if it’s trendy, classic, popular, etc. I buy only what I love and will wear regardless if it’s Hermes, Chanel or any other designer. If you love it, and cannot stop thinking about it, purchase the bag and enjoy it. If you are concern about the “resell value” then perhaps the bag might not be for you. HTH

I personally think it will have same fate as boy bag ,as for now their popularity slowly being replaced by 22. They won’t completely disappear but will be less and less popular. However, we all should buy what we like and comfortable to wear , as long as we love it and match with our lifestyle and our bank acct, that’s all matter :smile: I still have 19 small size but I hardly carry it now and haven’t decided if want to let go or not because I love the color so much and I know , for me it’s not timeless style due to chunky chain. This is just my opinion.

Reactions: onlyk and juneping
I feel like the large pillowy look aka ysl loulous are not trending anymore. Could be seen that other large pillowy looks are on the decline like say the 19? Could be wrong as I never was into it

Reactions: deenab
I don’t think 19s are trend pieces, so I don’t think it’ll ever date. It has the components of a timeless look, it’s a monocolored rectangular flap bag, with HW that doesn’t have heavy embellishments, sure the logo is a bit louder than the usual CC, but not by that much.

I’ve never purchased a bag with other people’s opinions in mind. I mean everybody recommends a medium black caviar CF w/ GHW for one’s first Chanel bag, but my first Chanel was a light pink trendy CC because that’s what I like, and the bag looks good on me. If you like the 19 and it works with your wardrobe, get it.

I have had my 19 for a year now and it’s my tried and true every day bag. I don’t get sick of it and I don’t overload it so it still has a perfect shape. I have since added a classic medium and classic mini to my collection but take those out on the weekend. Everyone is different, I would say if you gravitate towards it, go for it!

Still love my 19 as well. It's really easy to use and fits my casual lifestyle. If you're worried about structure, then use an insert. I have one and it works great. If you're undecided, I would highly recommend trying it on in person (if you haven't already done so).

I tried consigning my 19 large tweed on fashionphile but they rejected it saying they have too many so they’re not looking to add any more to their inventory. I do think the bag is waning in popularity..
I do love the ease of the 19. The flap, back pocket, and slouchy shape does make it a relatively useful bag. However. it does tend to get heavy which is why I want to sell it.
All my other Chanel’s are black so my tweed 19 was my “fun” choice