How is your Loewe holding up?

thanks, does it darken the leather or change the texture?
I’ve only used it on a black Loewe so there’s no obvious darkening, but I also use it on LV vachetta and you can see a very slight darkening on that.
The gel or lotion have no effect on texture other than giving it a very slightly “conditioned feel”. The sprays with the waterproofing agent in them do change the texture imo and I wouldn’t use them even though a lot of people swear by them even for more delicate lambskin.

Reactions: fsadeli
Here's my Medium Puzzle in the classic Tan/Gold colour, and I have had it since Jan 2020 and have used it consistently, at least twice a week, and I must say the quality is impeccable... absolutely zero corner wear, zero glazing issues, zero scratches on the hardware, minus the feet, etc. The only thing that has 'aged' is the softening of leather over continuous use, as well as being constantly stuffed with items inside - which can be most evidently in the body of the bag, and also the handle, as I like to hand carry it a lot). The only thing that has some wear is that the light coloured fabric interior has some dirt marks, but that could be easily resolved if I bothered to clean it - so that's on me.

Below is a side by side comparison of my Puzzle when it was about a week old (left, taken on the 8th Jan 2020) and on the right (taken on the 11th April 2021).

View attachment 5064466 View attachment 5064463

Hope this helps anyone in deciding! Long story short, I highly recommend it, and I am intending on getting the OG Small Puzzle, and the Mini Puzzle in the future - because I like the design and functionality of the bag so much!
Ooooh :love: I just loooove how your bag has aged! I love it when leather softens and makes the bag more slouchy. To me this has improved the bag as it has more character after living it's life with you. I think as someone else said, it has aged well like a fine wine!

Hi all! Does anyone have recommendations for how to take care of *canvas* bags from Loewe? So not the leather. Not sure if I should be using the Collonil on that as well (I just applied it to all of the leather items and now wondering what to do for the canvas portions....)

Thanks all!

Hi all! Does anyone have recommendations for how to take care of *canvas* bags from Loewe? So not the leather. Not sure if I should be using the Collonil on that as well (I just applied it to all of the leather items and now wondering what to do for the canvas portions....)

Thanks all!
hmm...why do you have to do anything to the canvas?

i'd love to do nothing to the canvas but.... just wondering if there's a need to protect it from the world. i didn't want to embark on a DIY adventure if it wasn't necessary - see https://thrillspire.com/how-to-waterproof-canvas
Hi there!

Canvas bags are normally made of cotton fabric which is then coated with PVC which makes it a very durable material that you just need to wipe clean now and then. I use baby wipes on mine.

However, it could be that your bag is uncoated canvas? I’m not familiar with Loewe canvas bags but is it a soft material without a coating? If yes, I’d personally spray it with a fabric upholstery protectant like one I use for my white fabric armchairs. This usually helps to minimise any damage if you spill things on it / keep it clean for longer. However please please do check the spray on an inconspicuous area first before you try this as it might change the colour of the fabric!! Also, have some upholstery fabric cleaner at home so you can tackle any accidents as soon as they happen as often stains are best dealt with as soon as possible.

Hi there!

Canvas bags are normally made of cotton fabric which is then coated with PVC which makes it a very durable material that you just need to wipe clean now and then. I use baby wipes on mine.

However, it could be that your bag is uncoated canvas? I’m not familiar with Loewe canvas bags but is it a soft material without a coating? If yes, I’d personally spray it with a fabric upholstery protectant like one I use for my white fabric armchairs. This usually helps to minimise any damage if you spill things on it / keep it clean for longer. However please please do check the spray on an inconspicuous area first before you try this as it might change the colour of the fabric!! Also, have some upholstery fabric cleaner at home so you can tackle any accidents as soon as they happen as often stains are best dealt with as soon as possible.

Really really really helpful - THANK YOU

Reactions: Froydis
I’ve managed to get some discolouration on my small puzzle that I bought in February (probably from a pair of dark jeans when I wear it crossbody), very annoying as it’s still fairly new and not even a very light colour. Is there any point trying to clean it at all? And if so, any recommendations on product? It’s in classic calf, tan colour

Attachments

• D2F4A53F-CCF1-4D5B-A110-112F4D0559CC.jpeg
    D2F4A53F-CCF1-4D5B-A110-112F4D0559CC.jpeg
    270.3 KB · Views: 266
Reactions: Bagatha Christie
Update, I decided to attack it with a baby wipe (without alcohol) right after posting and now it looks perfect again. I just love this leather
Yay! Glad you managed to wipe off the marks. Do you use some sort of protectant on your bag? Also it might be worth getting something for your jeans so they don’t rub colour off as much I don’t wear jeans much but I remember someone once mentioning that they spray their jeans to avoid colour transfer.

Yay! Glad you managed to wipe off the marks. Do you use some sort of protectant on your bag? Also it might be worth getting something for your jeans so they don’t rub colour off as much I don’t wear jeans much but I remember someone once mentioning that they spray their jeans to avoid colour transfer.

I haven’t treated neither bag or jeans with anything but definitely should. I’ll Google the jeans, do you have any recommendations for the puzzle?

I haven’t treated neither bag or jeans with anything but definitely should. I’ll Google the jeans, do you have any recommendations for the puzzle?
I treat all my leather bags with either Collonil Gel or Collonil Waterstop (not sure if that brand is available where you are based or not...). I don't have a Loewe bag yet so I don't know how it would react on the tan leather but so far I haven't had any problems with these two products, even on light coloured vegetable tanned leather. I would definitely check on an inconspicuous part of the bag before you apply though, as products do have the potential of darkening leather or changing the texture etc.

Reactions: lexi8
I treat all my leather bags with either Collonil Gel or Collonil Waterstop (not sure if that brand is available where you are based or not...). I don't have a Loewe bag yet so I don't know how it would react on the tan leather but so far I haven't had any problems with these two products, even on light coloured vegetable tanned leather. I would definitely check on an inconspicuous part of the bag before you apply though, as products do have the potential of darkening leather or changing the texture etc.

I treated my Spirited Away Puzzle with Collonil Carbon Pro Spray (use that on all my bags) and it hasn‘t changed color or texture of the leather.

Reactions: Froydis