How is View Swift leather for Birkin 35? Does it age well?

chigirl1

Jan 17, 2008
I had my eye on a Togo or an Epson Birking for a while but I found it almost impossible to get in Graphite color I want. While I was on vacation in Hawaii, I came across Birkin 35cm in 'View Swift' leather in Ardois (grayish) color.

My DH husband told me it was beautiful and bought it for me. I am just having doubts that it will age fast and scratch.... Does anyone out there have 'Swift' leather and how do you like it? How does it wear after years of use??? Do you do anything special to protect it?

Thanks again for all your help~:confused1:

I have a Havane Swift 30cm Birkin that is holding up BEAUTIFULLY! I LOVE it! Wonderful, soft hand; slight slouch; no corner rubs.....but as with every leather you will get some scratches and bumps....this is normal if you use the bag daily which I hope you do.

I have no issues or problems with mine and if I had to do it all over again I'd buy the exact same bag!!!!

Take a look at Hermesgroupy leather book. It says that swift is refurnished by Hermes , so I guess it will last a lifetime, as togo or clemence. I have a swift birkin myself but haven't used it yet.... lets see what happends with time...:P

I have a swift orange kelly and the leather has been holding up nicely. I'm a pretty clumsy person and haven't had any problems. There are definitely tiny scratches on it, but they kind of rub away and are not noticeable. Just be sure to protect it from the rain and liquids.